• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Airtronics Users

Bipeguy03

150cc
Yes I have, I'm currently using them in the elevators for my Trueworthy Pitts. They are great servos, the motor is kinda noisy compared to other coreless servos I've used but that doesn't effect anything. They seem faster too me than the 0.15 that they publish but I've never timed them so that could just be me lol

Bipeguy03

150cc
I started this venture with Airtronics, then went to Hitech, then Futaba and back to Airtronics. Just can't beat the reliability and simple programming. I just wish they would throw in multiple servo per surface matching so I could get rid of the matchboxes and just run the dual rx's and be done with it :) Although, I think I would have to have more channels to allow 3 servos per wing. A 14 channel radio would work just fine :)

Thurma, been doing some playing around with my radio. You may have already discovered this, but in FHSS3 modulation you can bind multiple RX's to the same Safety Link Number allowing you to have redundant RX's.

It's still only 10 channels but, it gets the redundant RX's done!

thurmma

150cc
Thurma, been doing some playing around with my radio. You may have already discovered this, but in FHSS3 modulation you can bind multiple RX's to the same Safety Link Number allowing you to have redundant RX's. It's still only 10 channels but, it gets the redundant RX's done!
I am currently running multiple RX's and have the plane split with opposite control surfaces on each rx, left elevator, right aileron, throttle and one of the rudder servos on one rx. The rest plus a choke servo on the other rx. I am running JR matchboxes for the 3 servos per wing. I would love to be able to do away with the match boxes and just be able to program everything from the radio. As far as I know, that is not possible with the SD-10G. If you know of a way to do it, by all means, share please :) BTW, this is with FHHS-1 rx's also.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I am currently running multiple RX's and have the plane split with opposite control surfaces on each rx, left elevator, right aileron, throttle and one of the rudder servos on one rx. The rest plus a choke servo on the other rx. I am running JR matchboxes for the 3 servos per wing. I would love to be able to do away with the match boxes and just be able to program everything from the radio. As far as I know, that is not possible with the SD-10G. If you know of a way to do it, by all means, share please :) BTW, this is with FHHS-1 rx's also.

I figured you had already got the dual RX's done. I do know how to get 2 aileron servos bound with the transmitter using the flaperon function but can't do anymore, just don't have enough channels..

Here's hoping the rumor mill is true and a new flagship radio is in the works ;)

Bipeguy03

150cc
The Rumors are true! lol Now I'm excited!!! :fist_pump::fist_pump::fist_pump:

hobby people.jpg

thurmma

150cc
I almost bought a used 14MZ because of the channel issue. Getting rid of the matchboxes would be nice. Hope they get some data out to see if it will be worth the wait. I love my SD-10G, but more channels would be REALLY nice :)

I started on Futaba, because that's what my LHS sold and my instructor flew. A few years later I made the switch to Airtronics. I was an airtronics flyer for years. My first computer radio was the super sexy Airtronics Infinity 600. I loved that radio. I moved all my planes to Airtronics. Sadly, the channel limitation eventually encouraged me to switch over to a JR10S. I still miss that Infinity though. After all the problems with JR/Horizon I jumped ship back to Futaba.

Attachments

• thumb-Infinity 660.jpg
    thumb-Infinity 660.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 333