• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez 88" Slick 540 v2 (50cc)

gyro

GSN Contributor
What does [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2579]Pete[/MENTION] recommend?

njswede

150cc
By the way.... I remember reading somewhere that the Aerobeez 50cc planes had weak landing gear. Well, I deadsticked mine yesterday and ended up doing a VERY had landing. Not a scratch on the plane. [MENTION=283]AeroHeadTW[/MENTION] was standing next to me and was ready to bring out the garbage bags...

Pete

50cc
Does anyone have a tip for getting the elevator servo wires away from the pull-pull wires? I noticed my wires had some rub-marks from rubbing against the pull-pull. Eventually, the insulation will fail and short the wire, which would probably lead to a total loss...

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and opening the covering in the tail and somehow tie the wires up. Any better ideas that don't involve surgery?

On the inside of the fuselage you will see a channel area where you can run the elevator servo wires up and through. Once you have it through the first of the channels, run the wires continous to the front. I have mine rought up and away from the Pull/Pull cables first then to the front. Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Regards,

Pete

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
By the way.... I remember reading somewhere that the Aerobeez 50cc planes had weak landing gear. Well, I deadsticked mine yesterday and ended up doing a VERY had landing. Not a scratch on the plane. @AeroHeadTW was standing next to me and was ready to bring out the garbage bags...

That's awesome to hear it held up to a controlled crash. :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
On the inside of the fuselage you will see a channel area where you can run the elevator servo wires up and through. Once you have it through the first of the channels, run the wires continous to the front. I have mine rought up and away from the Pull/Pull cables first then to the front. Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for the quick reply Pete :)

That's often the way I do it on my planes without the tubes doing down the fuse.

Pete

50cc
Thanks for the quick reply Pete :)

That's often the way I do it on my planes without the tubes doing down the fuse.

Anytime GYRO! I'm trying to be more involved on these boards. Just so busy and at times, hard to get on here.

njswede

150cc
Just some random pictures. Yeah, I know... "Lower!"
88harrier.jpg88hover.jpg88landing.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

njswede

150cc
If you look really close on the landing picture, you'll see that the elevator halves have different deflection. The port one was unplugged at that point. I'm surprised how well it flew on one elevator half!