• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez 88" Slick 540 v2 (50cc)

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Will my DLE 55 be enough power? And also, when will this be back in stock [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION]?

I am flying my Slick540 with a DLE55RA and our team pilot Santiago is using a DLE55. You can see from all the videos we have filmed on our YouTube channel, a DLE55 is plenty of power! Match it with a 23x8 Xoar and you are set!

Regards,

Pete
Team Aerobeez

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
So I finally got this baby in the air and it didn't disappoint! Due to a servo problem, I only got two flights on it, but the impressions so far are:

* Flies very light. Floaty, but not to the point where it doesn't want to land.
* Easy to land. Comes in on a perfect slope on high idle and touches down gently pretty much hands off.
* Stable in harriers. There were gusts up to 20 mph which tended to knock it around a bit, but it was easy to correct for.
* Surprisingly locked-in hovers. I had no problem holding steady hovers despite the gusty wind.
* I didn't want to do too many high-energy maneuvers before I know nothing is loose, but I tried a couple of pop-tops and it seemed easy to control.
* Tons of rudder authority! Elevator authority is nice too.
* Tracks straight and clean.
* Once I got it properly tuned, the DA50 hauls this lightweight plane with authority. I wouldn't call it over-powered, but it's just the right amount of power. Good pull-outs and vertical. Thanks for the deal on the engine, [MENTION=712]bbrown2828[/MENTION]! It runs great! (And it was probably perfectly tuned before my fat fingers started messing with it...)

The only small minus I would give the plane is that the wing tube has a slightly loose fit in the receiver tube. There was a small amount of wobble, but it didn't seem to affect anything. I'll probably just wrap the wing tube with a single turn of packing tape.

I'm going to go over all the connections now and make sure I fix my servo problems so I can get it back in the air and get some photos and video.

Special thanks to [MENTION=293]dskuro95[/MENTION] and [MENTION=77]zmonster97[/MENTION] for assistance with the maiden and tuning the engine!

Great to hear and glad you like the flight character! This Slick540 is by far one of my and our team pilots favorites. Your descriptions are right on! Hope you resolve your servo issue and get back to flying! Please post pics and videos you "3D Amigos" ! :)

Regards,

Pete
Team Aerobeez

I am flying my Slick540 with a DLE55RA and our team pilot Santiago is using a DLE55. You can see from all the videos we have filmed on our YouTube channel, a DLE55 is plenty of power! Match it with a 23x8 Xoar and you are set!

Regards,

Pete
Team Aerobeez

When will these be back in stock?

njswede

150cc
I got another couple of flight on it today. I'm still being a bit careful, but it continues to impress low and slow. It does nice pop tops, but I haven't gotten it to do more than about 2 turns. I may need to go up one step on the prop pitch to get a little more speed, but that may be too much for the DA50, so there may not be much difference.

This still has the feel of a winner, though!

Is the V2 Slick 540 really worth it [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION], because they still aren't in stock, and they cost more than the V1. I am really looking for something that is a true 3D machine for my DLE 55.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
When will these be back in stock?

Hello AMO FOCO,

The black and red 50CC Slick 540 is still out of stock and will be for a while until we get our next batch. Currently we do not have a solid ETA on shipment as it is still in production, but the Green Slick 540 is still available and currently priced at $519 like the V1.0 model.

If you would like to ask us any other questions, please feel free to email us at: support@aerobeez.com

Regards,

Emeth
Team Aerobeez

njswede

150cc
Does anyone have a tip for getting the elevator servo wires away from the pull-pull wires? I noticed my wires had some rub-marks from rubbing against the pull-pull. Eventually, the insulation will fail and short the wire, which would probably lead to a total loss...

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and opening the covering in the tail and somehow tie the wires up. Any better ideas that don't involve surgery?

Does anyone have a tip for getting the elevator servo wires away from the pull-pull wires? I noticed my wires had some rub-marks from rubbing against the pull-pull. Eventually, the insulation will fail and short the wire, which would probably lead to a total loss...

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and opening the covering in the tail and somehow tie the wires up. Any better ideas that don't involve surgery?

Put some spiral wrap around the wires, put the wires in a bundle. After that, then zip tie it to a hardpoint away from the pull pulls, that is what I do. IMAG0051.jpgIMAG0052.jpgIMAG0050.jpg

njswede

150cc
Yes, but the problem is that it's rubbing all the way back at the tail, so I'd have to open the fuse to reach it.