• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

AeroBeez 73" (26%) Yak-54 30cc ARF Airplane

SnowDog

Agreed! :)

I checked with Matt, and it has 2-3 gallons through... So that's what, 40-50 flights?

I've heard that if you get past the 3 gallon mark, you're ok...so I'll be excited to hear you've finished a gallon or two...just to be sure you got a good one!
<fingers crossed>.....it sure is shiny! ;)

gyro

GSN Contributor
The mintor was a no go. Spent about three hours at the field today with a bunch of gas smart guys helping me, and we could not get the engine to run reliably. It would start but would always die upon a advancing throttle.
We tried lean we tried rich, we adjusted just about every setting possible and could not get the engine to work.

It's coming off the plane tonight :(

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Bummer Gary. Sounds like there must be some gunk in there or a gasket issue. Are you going to continue to work on it or try something else?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Bummer Gary. Sounds like there must be some gunk in there or a gasket issue. Are you going to continue to work on it or try something else?

I'm not an engine guy, I can install, tune, and maybe change a gasket or two... Not super smart on it. So I'm just not sure yet what I want to do. Right now, feeling very discouraged, and my arm is sore. 4 hours at the field and only 1 flight.

SnowDog

I only got two flights at the field yesterday with my 71 Slick...great fun...I was there from 9:30am until 1:30pm.
Spent the rest of the day instructing/buddy boxing two new pilots with their planes...a great day for the small foamies/trainers to be flying since winds were < 5mph and it was sunny...very rare for us this time of year. I didn't mind less flying of my own because it is so great to see new pilots getting actual stick time! Grow the hobby!

3dNater

I finally got this pulled off the dead carcass of the 70 slick. You can see where the dle 35 took a little flesh wound. I am hoping it still runs as well as it did. There are no other indications of damage. Bring on the yak!
seju7uje.jpg

3dNater

Alan is there any chance you could sell me some of the muffler extension tubes? I can't find any DLE dealers that list any DLE 35 parts for sale at all. Or does anyone know what I could use? I'm tempted to take one into an auto parts store and see if they have something.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Alan is there any chance you could sell me some of the muffler extension tubes? I can't find any DLE dealers that list any DLE 35 parts for sale at all. Or does anyone know what I could use? I'm tempted to take one into an auto parts store and see if they have something.

Nate, I think those will fit through the bottom of the cowl the way they are, so unless you really want new ones, you should be good.

3dNater

The issue is that they were bent over in the crash so they are a bit mangled at the base. They are both sporting small holes where the plastic creased. The good news is if it had been another motor with an aluminum pipe I would be looking for a whole new muffler.