• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

94" mxs-exp

Håkan Dahlberg

New to GSN!
Definitely the best / fun plane I have ever flown!!
[video=youtube;dg3ZqrIP7Oo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg3ZqrIP7Oo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Very nice. Looks like that motor pulls pretty hard. Pulled that bird out of a hover very nice. Were you full on the throttle when you did that? Sounds killer to.

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Nice setup and nice flight. For those of us wondering about the 26x10 PJN on an 8M, 130A means you're certainly putting some pressure on that motor and batteries. It tends to suggest a voltage sag to about 3.55 volts per cell on average, but I've seen that before anytime I'm at the edge of the prop load envelop. This would mean about 6250 RPMs and a 59 mph pitch speed, and the video seems to back this up. It's also about 5550 Watts, but the torque is substantially higher than guys who typically run the 24x10TH Mejzlik on 12S with that motor, who normally get about 112-115A on 3.7 volts per cell at 6700 RPMs and a bit faster 64 mph pitch speed.

The big difference here, besides the higher current, is that the 24x10TH to 6700 RPMs will pull about 35 pounds of thrust and develop about 4.3 lb-ft of torque, where the 26x10 Xoar to 6250 RPMs will develop about 39 pounds of thrust and about 5.3 lb-ft of torque. Thus the great vertical pull with the slower airspeed. The shorter bursts are also a smart way to fly that motor with the bigger prop, since it will avoid any major issues with precession and 90 degree stress on the shaft, bell, and bearings. The nice flight time with 6Ah suggests you're flying at about a 32% power average too.

So all the numbers work out considering what we're seeing. I probably never would have used a 26x10 on a Q80-8M but you seem to have nailed it as far as not stressing it too much. Let us know how it holds up.