• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

94" mxs-exp

I wasn't sure if there was one that was better then another. I was looking at the TILE http://www.thetileapp.com/
I think it looks pretty cool, but I want to see it on google maps. I think that would be cooler.

Line of sight kind of sucks, as it wouldn't have helped me find my Mach Racer.

I put one of these on my FPV plane and multirotor. Works great, shows you on your phone where you and tracker are and even gives you directions and sends texts and email.
http://www.pettracker.com/

Sweet! Are there any 100-120cc planes in the works? I heard Chris on a podcast say that he had gone to China test flown 7 new prototypes. I sold my 50cc and want to move up.

Video I shot at Nall the first weekend. This was Jase's first flight with it and the one where Chris took photos of it.

[video=youtube;vyHzAwD4i_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyHzAwD4i_w[/video]

Talked to Chris at BG this weekend, he said the 94 should be here by Christmas. He also mentioned that he should have a second prototype in 'soon' and will be putting a da85 on it as several people have asked about if it was a viable option instead of the 70.

AKfreak

150cc
The 85 will have more power indeed. The 70 should be much smoother running,also I think an EF 94 in plane is so light, it could be flown with a 60cc motor and kick butt. I want one these very badly. I bet they are a grand plus $200 in shipping. Has them been word on the actual cost?

I would expect the cost to be the same as the 91 extra. $125 shipping to a commercial address is what what we get up here for anything freight.

The 91 builds out at 21 pounds, so they are not light. A 60 on a pipe is minimum for our tastes. The DA-70 is cheaper by a few bucks.

If you want a light 3D plane that can be yanked around by a 60 like a rag doll, get a Redwing slick or a 3DHS 87" SHP.

jk6672

30cc
Talked to Chris at BG this weekend, he said the 94 should be here by Christmas. He also mentioned that he should have a second prototype in 'soon' and will be putting a da85 on it as several people have asked about if it was a viable option instead of the 70.

So if the 85 works well in this, I'd imagine this would be a good candidate for the Q80-6L

I am putting the 6L on a 91" Extra, so yes I would assume that would be a viable setup. The 5335-189 or Q80-8M will likely be similar to a DA-60.

jk6672

30cc
How long until you have that up in the air? I'd like to see that. I thought about the 6L for a second with the 91 Yak, but I was advised not to go that route.

Ordering the airframe this week. I have all the power system parts and servos. Probably won't go on the bench till next month though. The 91 yak and 91 extra are 2-3 pounds different airplanes.