• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

94" mxs-exp

AKfreak

150cc
based on the extreme flight new generation 30%ers, i wouldnt think a da50 will be enough. ive heard many times on the 91 extra that even the da60 is borderline unless you put a pipe on it. but i dont have any first hand experience with them other than seeing them, and they are gigantic

Well I have a 30% pilot yak 54 that weights 17 pounds, and I just know the MXS will weigh 15 to 16 lbs. The yak hovers and flys nice with the DA-50 and the Xoar 22x8

gyro

GSN Contributor
I wish I sold it, I was flying in Bennett field and had a lock out. The plane went down in the worst terrain on the planet. It's lost and will never be found. I FPV'd my buddy's FPV'd we searched on foot for days, it's just gone.

The reeds are so tall and thick there is just no way to see it. When in the reeds, they are 10 to 15 feet above your head, they are woven in and out of each other that just walking through them is a massive effort. Even if the plane was 12" next to you, you would never see it.

I am sick that I didn't have a GPS tracker in it. I never knew how bad the terrain is at Bennett. It is actually a bird sanctuary and all of the water from the LV valley flows through there to lake Mead. The growth is insane, and defiantly not the desert.

The $800 total loss makes me feel sick, and a simple GPS tracker would of changed everything.

That's horrible! That must have just happened after the 3DBash?
I remember the few times I was out flying at Bennett I was warned about the reeds, and that IF I lost a plane in there, it might as well be the Bermuda Triangle... That there were
thousands of dollars worth of (likely flyable) planes in there that would never be retrieved.

Sorry again :(

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
I wish I sold it, I was flying in Bennett field and had a lock out. The plane went down in the worst terrain on the planet. It's lost and will never be found. I FPV'd my buddy's FPV'd we searched on foot for days, it's just gone.

The reeds are so tall and thick there is just no way to see it. When in the reeds, they are 10 to 15 feet above your head, they are woven in and out of each other that just walking through them is a massive effort. Even if the plane was 12" next to you, you would never see it.

I am sick that I didn't have a GPS tracker in it. I never knew how bad the terrain is at Bennett. It is actually a bird sanctuary and all of the water from the LV valley flows through there to lake Mead. The growth is insane, and defiantly not the desert.

The $800 total loss makes me feel sick, and a simple GPS tracker would of changed everything.

Who puts a bird sanctuary by a field :p that sounds like an SNL skit LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarlacc

50cc
I put a Mach Racer into a 30' tall stack of fallen trees once. Took me two days to find it. I had the dirction it went in, but not the distance. Briars had taken over the area along with copperheads, and cottonmouths. I took my Quad over that area a few weeks ago, and I don't know how I found it. When we did find it, it was a matter of inches before we were about to abandon it.

What are these GPS Trackers you speak of?
Please give us a link. [MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION]

Sarlacc

50cc
here is one I found by just doing a quick google search. Never used or even seen one as we have a huge wide open field.

http://www.loc8tor.com/model-planes

I wasn't sure if there was one that was better then another. I was looking at the TILE http://www.thetileapp.com/
I think it looks pretty cool, but I want to see it on google maps. I think that would be cooler.

Line of sight kind of sucks, as it wouldn't have helped me find my Mach Racer.