• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

84" Bigfoot

SnowDog

@SnowDog. Got yours rebuilt yet, did u find out what caused the crash

My dumb thumbs caused the crash, and no, it is not fixed yet.
For some reason, I had the silly idea that I'd have plenty of time this winter to fix up Bigfoot and work on three or four other projects.
Instead I've been busier than ever at work, and my side jobs/second job. :sadface:

Yeah, is it fixed yet?!?! :)

No it is not fixed yet...and the 20+ inches of snow and subzero wind chills are NOT motivating me to get it done any sooner! :|

Did it do the Bigfoot Snap,, Had a local Buddies do that and He, he almost lost his

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Did it do the Bigfoot Snap,, Had a local Buddies do that and He, he almost lost his

Yes sir, it did in fact do the "Bigfoot Snap"...even got it on video.

[video=youtube;Q9hfoBwF5Vg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9hfoBwF5Vg[/video]

Warning: DO NOT try this at home!

I ran mine out of gas at the end of last season and had a less than desirable landing in the Strawberry patch. Luckily it is build pretty tough and bounced back. The only thing negative I can say about it is it's tendency to tip stall. Reducing it's weight and running spoilerons has helped.

Fred can say he murdered the first Bigfoot

Just curious but why do they tip stall so easy

Last edited by a moderator:

Bivens

50cc
1) coordinate turns with plenty of rudder
2) flaps when you want to fly slow or harrier
3) if you do stall it without flaps and try to power out like normal with a typical 3d plane...bad things happen....must recover from a stall like you would with full scale or non-3d planes....PUSH the right stick to nose down....and use opposite rudder to halt the spin....
4) rudder....
5) rudder...

BF does fly a lot more like a scale plane than other 3dhs planes.....and it can bite if you don't fly the rudder for coordinated turns. Then, once it all goes wrong...our typical 3D escape of WFO and full-pull only makes BAD things get worse...as it will on any "scale" airframe...

I hope the damage is not too bad....these really are a LOT of fun but do require some different skills compared to typical 3d planes.

Baughie

30cc
Here is my maiden of my Bigfoot 7955's all around and a vvrc 40 twin

[video=youtube;1FCaiPQheG8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FCaiPQheG8[/video]