• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

84" Bigfoot

SnowDog

What's the aspect ratio on the BigFoot? Probably an unusual question to ask, but I want to build a similar style plane from scratch and the BigFoot's wing has a "that looks about right" factor to it.

So which dimensions are you looking for?

fuse tip to tail?
wing tip to wing tip?
wing leading to trailing edge?

lemme know

From the 3DHS web site BF page:

Dimensions:

Wingspan: 84"
Length: 69"
Firewall to front of cowl: 6 1/8"

I just went out and measured mine. 14 inches at the root to the end of the flap. That makes the aspect ratio of 6 to 1. This is no glider for sure.

SnowDog

I just went out and measured mine. 14 inches at the root to the end of the flap. That makes the aspect ratio of 6 to 1. This is no glider for sure.

Just out of curiosity, any idea what the aspect ration is on a regular Cub? (not clipped wing)