• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

78'' Extra

Fast3D

50cc
Da-35! The DLE 40 twin is wider than the VVRC 40. It won't fit in the cowl. DLE 35 should work as well if you can't swing the DA-35. Why not the VVRC I have one and it is excellent in this airframe.

I think my VVRC 40 has completed its lifespan. I sent it back to Tim 3 times and still after 3 repairs it completely stopped working. so instead of bothering Tim again, I think I should move on to a new engine.

Fast3D

50cc
He already has the VVRC40 in the Extra actually.
+1 on the DA35. Love it in my 76" MXS. Second choice would be DLE35 for me.

Hi Hone :) whats up. Cool , how do you like the new mxs? I think DA35 is a good choice. Do you think I can easily exchange VVRC40 for DA35? It would be so easy if their bolt pattern were the same. I am not sure if I have to change the location of the throttle servo for DA35.

You will have to change the bolt pattern. My 40 twin throttle servos are mounted so the linkage is under the motor box and the 35 has to go through the firewall. Also the DA-35 choke is just plain stupid in its location. I think the DLE-35 is a step back in power unless you pipe it. People up here get 8500 or so on 20x7 props on ES pipes.

Fast3D

50cc
You will have to change the bolt pattern. My 40 twin throttle servos are mounted so the linkage is under the motor box and the 35 has to go through the firewall. Also the DA-35 choke is just plain stupid in its location. I think the DLE-35 is a step back in power unless you pipe it. People up here get 8500 or so on 20x7 props on ES pipes.

Thanks. I think DA35 would be too much work for me then. I have a DLE 55 which is likely the same bolt pattern but that would be too heavy and too big...

The VVRC-40 is it's own bolt pattern and is like no other motor I know of.

The airframe has always been one that is in search of a proper powerplant. The DLE-35 on a pipe is the preffered setup among the group up here. I know the DA-35 on pipe is better. The VVRC-40 is a better 3D setup as the 21x8 get this plane flying pretty slow and is easy to hover. I have yet to try the Falcon 20x9 on it but it is drilled. Tim seems to think a pipe will work with the new header. We shall see.

From everything I have heard the DLE-40 is heavy for the power it puts out. If you want to put that much weight on one, might as well do a DLE-55.

Fast3D

50cc
Hi everyone. I just wanted to update you with my Extra78. I sent my 40 twin back to Tom at VVRC and he did all of the new upgrades, basically changed it for a new engine. I am really happy. I can hand start it with few flips and It runs great. I really enjoyed my extra last weekend, thanks to Joe for the plane and Tom at VVRC for such a great costumer service. I will certainly buy another vvrc with my next project.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to update you with my Extra78. I sent my 40 twin back to Tom at VVRC and he did all of the new upgrades, basically changed it for a new engine. I am really happy. I can hand start it with few flips and It runs great. I really enjoyed my extra last weekend, thanks to Joe for the plane and Tom at VVRC for such a great costumer service. I will certainly buy another vvrc with my next project.
Great to hear, love good customer service!