• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

78'' Extra

I am working on the OS issue with a new ignition module. Apparently the VVRC just needs a bit of time on her to hand flip. I prefer the starter at this point. I hope horizon has it right with that new EFI motor.

Fast3D

50cc
I'm using the treaded 3" DuBro right now. My stock were really worn. Hubs were falling out and I think they were worn to 2 1/2 inches.

Yes, the 3" is the right size. I got my wheel pants from EF and installed. perfect size. here is the picture:
the wheel pants look pretty strong too.

Attachments

• IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 254

Fast3D

50cc
Is anyone using a spinner with VVRC 40 twin? if so can you please let me know what size? I ordered 3.5" aluminum spinner from ValleyviewRC (because they recommended that size to fit VVRC40) but it sounds to be huge on extra! Also I need to get longer screws to add the spinner, the orignal is too short if spinner is added, but I dont know where I can find longer ones!

Is anyone using a spinner with VVRC 40 twin? if so can you please let me know what size? I ordered 3.5" aluminum spinner from ValleyviewRC (because they recommended that size to fit VVRC40) but it sounds to be huge on extra! Also I need to get longer screws to add the spinner, the orignal is too short if spinner is added, but I dont know where I can find longer ones!

Not sure what size you need since I won't have my VVRC 40cc twin until Monday so I could check then. I have some M5x60mm Socket Head Cap Screws and M5x70mm Socket Head Cap Screws that I could check to see if they fit. I needed to order these for a carbon spinner I had for my DLE30. Not sure if the thread size for the center shaft on the VVRC 40cc twin is a M5. I bought my M5 bolts from http://rtlfasteners.com/. Another good please to find hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fast3D

50cc
I got my 3.5" spinner today. That indeed looks large to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 250

Fast3D

50cc
I got my 3.5" spinner today. That indeed looks large to me.

Never mind, sorry guys; this has been addressed before I found the comparison pictures of the spinners in the VVRC thread. looks like 3.5 might even look better on the plane afterall...