• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Also, Joe Smith flies this plane on 6S 5000 packs and a Hacker A60-6XS. I believe I heard its his favorite plane to fly.

So its looking like the 6s Hacker setup is winning according to my take of the discussion. (also cause' their 15% off right now) Does anyone know what kind of amps are being drawn with Joe's setup? Can I get by on the Ice 100 (This may be the reason to stay 8s)?

Gary: On your 5320-300 on 8s are you happy with the 3D performance using that prop we talked about earlier? Right now I am very torn!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Some like 8s because it's easier on the gear in this regard. My 8s setups run around 70amps... I can't say what my 5320 on 19x8 pulls amp wise(the 70a quote was from other simular 8s setups), but the 5320 stays cool, batterys stay cool, plenty of power, all I need. :)

Are you happy with the 3D performance on this setup?

Drew

70cc twin V2
You have a CC100 AMP ESC and 6S packs already. My recommendation would be to get a motor that can run the biggest prop possible on this plane. I fly ONLY 3D and have for years, this plane likes the big prop.

gyro

GSN Contributor
So its looking like the 6s Hacker setup is winning according to my take of the discussion. (also cause' their 15% off right now) Does anyone know what kind of amps are being drawn with Joe's setup? Can I get by on the Ice 100 (This may be the reason to stay 8s)?

Gary: On your 5320-300 on 8s are you happy with the 3D performance using that prop we talked about earlier? Right now I am very torn!!!

Yes, I like this motor a lot on the 20x10, and if your easy on the throttle, I think it couldn't some short bursts on a 21x10.
I like to do a little more energy flying, so I'm usually a shade smaller (either pitch or length) than the max because I like throttle!

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2

I have the Hacker A50-12L on 6s 5300mah with a 20x10 prop and the Castle 85HV. It has plenty of power to pull out of a hover.

I would go for the Hacker A60-6xs and the ICE 100 on 6s. That will be perfect, and produce more power than the A50-12L

Last edited by a moderator:

econpatric

70cc twin V2
How about the Hacker A60-5s on 8s swinging a 20x10 or 21x10 Xoar? I think I may have made my decision! ;)

I like robj's concept of taking it easy on the gear, in addition, I think that sticking with 8s will be easier than having a separate set of batteries for my 74" and the 60" birds I fly, plus I can stick with my CC ICE 100.

This would allow me to prop up to the larger prop size that has been recommended as well as increase the weight a few ounces on the nose. Plus going 8s will help also (weight wise)!

I have been a Motrolfly fan in regards to my smaller planes, but I know that Hacker makes some awesome motors also, so I think after all of this discussion I will go the 8s Hacker route.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
My Edge should be here Monday! I'll keep you all posted on the build as I go. Please let me know of any other thoughts regarding the power system here!