• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

I decided today to do mine up 6s as well. I toyed with 12s, but the batts just don't fit without some sort of battery tray. My trusty A60-6XS has it's latest home (at least #5, maybe 6). The DA-35 will go someplace else. I have been considering picking up some 6s 6000s for an extra minute of flight time.

Torchy

New to GSN!
Sounds good! I have a list of candidates for larger mah capacity
Revolectrix 5500mah 6s 70c
Gensace 5300 40 or 60c
Glacier 5800 45c
Obviously the 8000mah would be a bit too heavy but 6000+ Mah would easily give a good minute or 2 extra.
Any thoughts?

Maidened it today. Had some teething problems with servo arm (Spot On V1s, there is a reason there is a V2). I am switched them out for SWBs. The battery is all the way forward and the CG worked out. Tried it with a wrench strapped in for the first flight, but did not need it. Thank god I did the pull pull setup as the tail rudder servo would not have worked.

I can't say I am blown away by the power from the A60-6XS on this plane. Xoar 20x10. Maybe my batteries are getting tired, but I am not putting a ton back into them. I might try a 21x10 and see what the watt meter tells me.

9 pounds 12 ounces is what my fish scale says AUW, which is a little under what I expected. I think I can get away with getting 6s 6000s and flying right at 10 pounds. I would be around the gasser weight with 8000s I think.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Finally getting around to installing some Hitec HS-5565MH servos onto my 72". I figured I'd do it RIGHT and upgrade a little :)

Got some awesome red arms from @Aztechaeromodels, and upgraded to M3 hardware and titanium adjustable rods.

This hardware upgrade should keep her flying forever!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405881854.269000.jpg

Torchy

New to GSN!
I ended up purchasing hitec 7985's for rudder and elevator(proved well on my 74) and 7965 for ailerons.
Will be using 1.25" secraft v2 horns on AIL, 1.5 " on ELE and 2.5 inch on RUD.
Yet to buy my esc, hoping I'll find a good deal on a CC ice2 120 amp.
Other than that, I'm all set!
Currently have 5000 and 5200 mah 6s 40 and 60c(revo and zippy). Considering to buy revolectrix 5500 70c(850g) or maybe a glacier 6000 mah, of course depending on the results of the reviews and comparison of the two.
So excited to build this bird! It actually delayed my 89's completion. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Since I made the jump from 6v to 7.4, I was able to get the miracle regulator out of the plane, and install some [MENTION=1155]Fromeco[/MENTION] goodness :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405917044.826613.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405917069.388595.jpg

Finally getting around to installing some Hitec HS-5565MH servos onto my 72". I figured I'd do it RIGHT and upgrade a little :)

Got some awesome red arms from @Aztechaeromodels, and upgraded to M3 hardware and titanium adjustable rods.

This hardware upgrade should keep her flying forever!

View attachment 25154

Thats the same servos I run in my AW extra great servo for the price

I have 3 sets of these in my velox, slick, and edge, all 3DHS. On my 72 I went with 7955s only because they were what I had. Still waiting on tower to get the 9475SHs in to give those a try. They look like the ultimate 30cc servo on the market.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have 3 sets of these in my velox, slick, and edge, all 3DHS. On my 72 I went with 7955s only because they were what I had. Still waiting on tower to get the 9475SHs in to give those a try. They look like the ultimate 30cc servo on the market.

You could probably go with the HSB-9465SH as ~190oz/in of torque that won't fade even if voltage sags a little.
Should be plenty for a 30cc, and the .07 speed is NICE. I'll probably get some one day as well.