• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

cap232

50cc
002.JPG001.JPG3dhs 72 extra.jpg3dhs%20huck%20001.jpg100_2215.JPG100_2216.JPGLot better than mine. I love to fix mine but I need a fuse it broke to far back from the engine box
before and after pics004.JPG

Hiway

New to GSN!
DLE35RRE Mounting Question

I am building an Extra now and I ran into something that just doesn't look right. I have a DLE35RE that I want to mount on it. The drill template puts one of the spacers very close to the edge of the firewall. I don't know if it just is what it is, or if the alignment marks on the firewall are in the wrong place. If anyone has this plane/engine combo please let me know if yours is like this. Here is a picture.

photo 2.JPG

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hello,

I've had similar issues mounting the dle55ra and dle61 which has the same spread out lower bolt pattern.

You'll be fine! Just cut that part of the firewall that sticks out, so it's flat. Then drill and mount.

cap232

50cc
yes that is correct
I had the same engine on my 72" extra. you will also have to cut out some of the tri stock in the rear of the fire wall for washers and also grind the edge of the 2 washers to fit in the rear of the box for the bolts. also the bottom front you might have to cut the edge to fit the stand off

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Yea, the DLE 35 has a wide footprint on bottom (with the engine inverted). Great motor once you get it going though :D