• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

Drew

70cc twin V2
With the 106 and the 89 in the car, not much room for anything else... would like to have a little more space to bring more planes.

I hear ya on that, I'm going to have a hard time fitting my 74 in with my new Edge I'm sure.

njswede

150cc
With the 106 and the 89 in the car, not much room for anything else... would like to have a little more space to bring more planes.

Naaah, there's PLENTY of space.... :)

IMAG0611.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Wife has said no to the trailer, no where to store it. I'll probably just end up keeping what I have... who am I kidding.

ziptie

New to GSN!
Remember red flys better :D

Guys, thanks for the info on the guy from RCG. I think I will just wait for 3DHS to get in an orange one as I've owned far too many red planes! I was just hoping someone would have info on the next shipment. I've called 3DHS a few times but haven't gotten ahold of anyone just yet.

Oh well, it's winter in Illinois so I guess I have a month or two before the weather gets nice enough to bring out the bigger / nicer planes! I'm really hoping the DA-35 will be available by April (Toledo) as I would really like to try a DA but it is good to hear that so many folks are having good luck with the OS 33 as well.

Safe landings!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Wife has said no to the trailer, no where to store it. I'll probably just end up keeping what I have... who am I kidding.

It always comes down to cash or space... My 70" hardly goes out at all because I hate loading it in my saturn ion. Maybe when school is over I'll have time to actually go out for half the day on the weekend... makes loading planes worth it. For now I am enjoying the new 51 slick and a foamy. Maybe I'll get around to fixing the 48 edge sometime...

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yesterday, I said goodbye to my FB (Red Bull),Electric, 70" Slick, but it's in a good home now with Bigbookfrank.

Today, I adopted a well used Red, Gas, 71" Slick from FlyingFrankie. She's happy to be in her new home after probably 500 abusive flights with Frank.
I'm going to touch up her covering a little, and then install some Align DS610 (Savox SH-1258TG) all around the controls, and an Align DS620 on the throttle. She'll also get a brand new DLE-30 with a Pitts muffler. For juice, I'll install a TBM power system 2 consisting of a WKE IBEF, miracle switch, regulator, and 2800mAh 2s Li-Ion battery. Finally, I've got a AR8000 and TM1000. Going to hook up the telemetry voltage to the Battery pack, and throw the temperature thermocouple around the DLE engine.

Can't say how excited I am about this airplane, I plan to put a lot more flights on her! BTW, thanks for leaving in the Fourtitude tank, and for throwing in a brand new cowling Frank!

njswede

150cc
Can't say how excited I am about this airplane, I plan to put a lot more flights on her! BTW, thanks for leaving in the Fourtitude tank, and for throwing in a brand new cowling Frank!

As excited as I am about my Extra? :)