• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

Lets get some video of all these awesome 71's :popcorn:

+1 I have video of my maiden flight a few months back but it is nothing special. I have not had someone shoot any video since either. Most of my flying buddies cannot shoot worth a damn and I cannot video myself with a decent camera. I still think my flying is mediocre at best but I am working on it. :banghead:

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Whats your setup Santi8?

I've got the digital Hitecs in the tail and the equivalent savox digitals in the wings. Hacker a50-12l spinning a 20x10 6s 5000 packs. So far I absolutely adore this plane! I already have a backup so I never go without one! For those who are nervous about jumping into the 25% size, don't be! While it's a bit more money up in the air, the 70/71 flies even better and easier than the 51! Made me look like way better of a pilot than I am. Or maybe I am that good and the big slick just let me know! Either way I'm all smiles!

Not the best video in the world but here is my Maiden flight. If you want to get dizzy I uploaded a couple of on board videos I shot about a year ago on a flat foamie. I seriously can only watch about a minute or two then I start to get motion sickness. They are on my YouTube Channel if you are interested. Anyways here is my maiden.

*Caution Music Comes in Really loud after take off so turn down your speakers. Sorry I did not know it did that.

[video=youtube_share;BIDsFFg4EcE]http://youtu.be/BIDsFFg4EcE[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveT.

100cc
You might want to warn people that if they turn their sound system up to hear what you guys are saying at the beginning, they are going to get their ears blown out when the music comes in.....that was painful with my sound system.....

SteveT

Oh sorry I did not know that. Thanks for pointing it out SteveT. Sorry. I fly my 71 way different now. Lower and slower. I was just scared to death on my maiden. I probably should not have posted the video it is kinda lame. I also do not fly at the field anymore. It is too dangerous. Next time I go out I will try to get some new video of my flying.

Ok added and FYI for people, again I am sorry for blowing out your eardrums. Something probably got messed up in the processing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eagle34

50cc
LOL I heard this saying one time before "If the music is too loud it means you are too old!"

Sorry can't get Youtube out here.

J/K Steve:peace:

LOL I heard this saying one time before "If the music is too loud it means you are too old!"

Sorry can't get Youtube out here.

J/K Steve:peace:

+1

I am a big Rock/Metal Head. I just wish concert prices weren't so damn high now. I could go to 3 shows just a couple of years ago for the price of one show today. Ticketmaster has ruined everything!