• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

miketek

30cc
Any of you guys got a DLE 35RA and a canister setup in their 71 Slick ?
If so....did you have to go with a push-pull setup with servo in the tail for rudder because of the extra weight ?

Any of you guys got a DLE 35RA and a canister setup in their 71 Slick ?
If so....did you have to go with a push-pull setup with servo in the tail for rudder because of the extra weight ?

I had the 35ra with pull pull. It was on the edge of nutrual cg. Im sure with the canister you will have to do push pull.

miketek

30cc
I had the 35ra with pull pull. It was on the edge of nutrual cg. Im sure with the canister you will have to do push pull.
What size of gas tank did you use with your DLE 35 ? I was thinking about putting a 12oz in mine....is it gonna be enough for 10 min flights ?

gyro

GSN Contributor
What size of gas tank did you use with your DLE 35 ? I was thinking about putting a 12oz in mine....is it gonna be enough for 10 min flights ?

12 should be fine for 10min.

I had a 16oz fourtitude in mine, could fly 30 min easy.

wade

50cc
Alright guys, I got an awesome deal on a 71" electric slick at a FLI. I do not have any electric setups in this size. I could buy a gas MB and put it on there, but I think I want to stay electric.

Here is my question, and I know it is beating a dead horse with a stick. This is going to be a budget build. I can't afford to put a Hacker, or a custom wound Motrolfly or anything like that on it. I've been looking at the Tacon bigfoot 110, and running a ZTW esc. I might go ahead and get a castle ESC. Has anybody had any luck with any of the cheaper motors, Tacon, Turnigy, etc?

As far as servos, it is between the XQ 4016's or MKS DS1210's. Anything that I can get for around $40 bucks a pop. I also have had good luck with PowerHD 8309TG's that I have run in two planes and have had no problems with centering or anything. I would love to run savox, or high speed savox's, but just don't have the funds.

If any of you have the down low on a good low budget build, please let me know. I don't do any hard 3d,

gyro

GSN Contributor
Alright guys, I got an awesome deal on a 71" electric slick at a FLI. I do not have any electric setups in this size. I could buy a gas MB and put it on there, but I think I want to stay electric.

Here is my question, and I know it is beating a dead horse with a stick. This is going to be a budget build. I can't afford to put a Hacker, or a custom wound Motrolfly or anything like that on it. I've been looking at the Tacon bigfoot 110, and running a ZTW esc. I might go ahead and get a castle ESC. Has anybody had any luck with any of the cheaper motors, Tacon, Turnigy, etc?

As far as servos, it is between the XQ 4016's or MKS DS1210's. Anything that I can get for around $40 bucks a pop. I also have had good luck with PowerHD 8309TG's that I have run in two planes and have had no problems with centering or anything. I would love to run savox, or high speed savox's, but just don't have the funds.

If any of you have the down low on a good low budget build, please let me know. I don't do any hard 3d,

If you want a down low budget build, get the Tacon Bigfoot. I've run one before on 8s and they work well. I'd recommend a little extra love on the retention collar behind the motor, the shaft on mine pulled loose once causing a dead stick, but no damage.

Since you'll probably get the Tacon from Hobbypartz, you might as well get the solar d771 servos there too. That should save you enough money to get a nice ZTW Gecko HV ESC, as that's one place you don't want to compromise.

I've owned the above stuff, and they work fine to get you in the air... But understandably won't last as long as the motrolfly motor or Savox/Hitec servos.

wade

50cc
Nah, it's not big deal!
[MENTION=2715]WrongWayRc[/MENTION] does!

Check his site out:

Www.wrongwayrc.com

One thing to note about their fuel tanks. First off they are great quality. I bought one, then after I got it I wanted to go to a 3 line setup. I would have gladly bought another fitting, however I was not about to pay $6.00 in shipping for a single fitting. They could have easily sold me one and put it in an envelope and dropped it in the mail. I later found out that they do offer a 3 line, but it's not on their website...you have to call or talk to them first. I was kind of disappointed but oh well, you live and you learn. Hopefully they get their website updated, because it is horrible.