• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Sweet Losi! I just got my Pro Tek 20x8 prop to try out on my 70" gasser. I'm hoping to feel a big difference in post stall between it and the 18x8 break-in prop I have been running.

There was a big difference going from an 18x8 to the 19x8 l am using now. So l would say you are in for a treat going up 2 inches

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sweet Losi! I just got my Pro Tek 20x8 prop to try out on my 70" gasser. I'm hoping to feel a big difference in post stall between it and the 18x8 break-in prop I have been running.

Nate, can I steal that 18x8 from you for breaking in my PTE36 when it arrives?

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
What are you going to replace it with? I have separation anxiety not having an extra prop. The 18x8 is the only one I have had for the last few weeks and it made me nervous. Honestly you can put a 19x8 on that PTE from the beginning and it will be fine. I had a 19x8 on there until I crashed the plane. It isn't too much load for it. If you watch the vid of Mike W. running a new one on his site you will notice it is a 19x8 falcon prop. I got the 18x8 just because the 19x8 was out of stock when I ordered. Now that my motor is broken in pretty good I'm trying a 20" prop.

gyro

GSN Contributor
What are you going to replace it with? I have separation anxiety not having an extra prop. The 18x8 is the only one I have had for the last few weeks and it made me nervous. Honestly you can put a 19x8 on that PTE from the beginning and it will be fine. I had a 19x8 on there until I crashed the plane. It isn't too much load for it. If you watch the vid of Mike W. running a new one on his site you will notice it is a 19x8 falcon prop. I got the 18x8 just because the 19x8 was out of stock when I ordered. Now that my motor is broken in pretty good I'm trying a 20" prop.

Ahh.... I will buy the 19x8 and 20x8 then, thanks for the info.