• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

What tires you got there?

they are sullivan skylite 4" wheels (plastic hub version)....... also using a 1.5inch MPI wheel on the tail to keep my rudder from dragging thru the grass, deep ruts and holes that would make a gopher jealous.

050a.jpg

as you can see.. our field is kind of...well... its bush..... built on top of an old landfill the field has settled badly over the last few years.... our club has another field that is much nicer (and further away from me) and thats where everyone else in the club flies.. i fly here cause its three minutes from my house and i have it all to myself anytime i want.

There are some flat areas left but short field landings are preferred/required.... the skylite wheels are big enough and tough enough to suit the conditions..... they will also fit inside the wheel pants (if i ever fly anywhere smooth enough to put the wheelpants on)

051a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Here is some vid of my flying at our club this Saturday. It was a blast. My buddy took some vid while I was flying with smoke on as well but I haven't gotten it from him yet.

[video=youtube;RrmTEq8mPu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrmTEq8mPu0[/video]

Here is some vid of my flying at our club this Saturday. It was a blast. My buddy took some vid while I was flying with smoke on as well but I haven't gotten it from him yet.

[video=youtube;RrmTEq8mPu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrmTEq8mPu0[/video]

Nice......

Got sent home early today. Just put 3 flights on the 71. Its hard to believe how different it was flying without my neckstrap. I forgot it and wasn't going back to get it. It wasn't super weird but my mind was on it a few times. Feels good to fly the 71 neckstrap or not. :D