• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

Jkim

50cc
I am breaking in with Sthil reg. 32:1 then going to the Sthil Ultra after that. So you are going to a 40:1 ratio? It was suggested I stay at 32:1 on the DLE and that raised an eyebrow. What is your take as I am fairly new to the gas. As far as starting mine it was doing great until it ran a little, then it got where it was taking more flips. I believe it is just a touch lean on the low side. I will adjust when I get home this weekend and see what happens.

I see you are in San An.. Just a little over an hour from me right now. I have been working here in Corpus for almost two years now traveling home on the weekends.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I am breaking in with Sthil reg. 32:1 then going to the Sthil Ultra after that. So you are going to a 40:1 ratio? It was suggested I stay at 32:1 on the DLE and that raised an eyebrow. What is your take as I am fairly new to the gas. As far as starting mine it was doing great until it ran a little, then it got where it was taking more flips. I believe it is just a touch lean on the low side. I will adjust when I get home this weekend and see what happens.

I see you are in San An.. Just a little over an hour from me right now. I have been working here in Corpus for almost two years now traveling home on the weekends.

40:1 synthetic is as good as 32:1 traditional oil. I think it'll run great on 40:1.

Yup, just a little drive north for you. If you ever make it up here, give me a holler. I spent a little time at NAS Corpus in 2005-06. Very windy!

-G

Jkim

50cc
Very windy it is! I brought a heli with me to fly but took it home a few weeks ago in preparation of the project ending and moving back to Bama.

Jkim

50cc
Ok I just saw you had a thread posting some pics. My Uncle lives in Perry and he called me last night asking if I was coming down. I had to say no unfortunately since my time is very limited on the weekends between girlfriend, kids, lake time, and of coarse Flying.

Manta

70cc twin V2
Had a good huck session yesterday evening just before dark with Powerlines and Joe Smith and a fellow throwing down with a Sebart plane. Good times man. I was flying my 71 slick, butt of course. 3dhs are letting me keep my slick and 65vyp down there with them. It sucks to haul them all back and forth to the camper.
Exsubsailor we tried to call you last night. We meaning Horton and I. Wanted to say hi