• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

65" Vyper Discussion Thread

SnowDog

Glad the pictures helped! I've seen both the cinch straps and the double sided velcro on a roll at Home Depot.

Weaser's post about the Align battery straps is also valid.

You'll find that with most 3DHS planes, they are built light, strong, and correct. Wait til you fly it! :D

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
fwiw, i have flown the vyper with both an 18x8 and 18x10, and i really like it with both. the vyper likes the extra diameter on the prop!

Thanks for the tip on the straps. I found them at Home Depot. She's all put together, CG checked and ready to go! Very windy today but tomorrow looks promising.

Rick

Finished Vyper.JPGUnfortunately, the weather did not cooperate. It was too windy and a little drizzle. So, I will have to wait another day or two to try it out. Thanks again to everyone who has been so helpful with the information. I am looking forward to it!

I have one question about the velcro straps. Do you anchor them in some way to the structure or are they just looped around the structure and the battery?

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

Manta

70cc twin V2
Sometimes i will put a dab or two of hot glue to the bottom of the straps to attach them to the bottom of the tray so they wont fall down when i take em loose to swap packs.. Also sometimes i will put a small piece of velcrow on each side of the batt tray to stick the straps out of the way while removing and installing packs.

Sometimes i will put a dab or two of hot glue to the bottom of the straps to attach them to the bottom of the tray so they wont fall down when i take em loose to swap packs.. Also sometimes i will put a small piece of velcrow on each side of the batt tray to stick the straps out of the way while removing and installing packs.

Great tip! Thanks.

Rick

Manta

70cc twin V2
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383363697.224963.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1383363741.354396.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383363776.030436.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1383363810.356905.jpg
Couple of action shots from the weekend before HHAEFI at Hodges Hobbies. Love me vyper.