• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

65" Vyper Discussion Thread

SnowDog

what is the diameter of the standoffs? I didnt realize they were that tight of a fit

well, dang, I didn't measure that! The diameter is close to the width of the mounting tab on the motor mount, if that helps.

If you epoxy up the original holes, then you wouldn't have such a tight fit...I just didn't feel like doing that.

ryan_m

100cc
Sorry to hear of your motor troubles... I killed a Scorp 4025-12 on my Vyper a couple years back too. I had it propped down to a 16x8 I believe, and the watts were around 1500 if memory serves. Definitely shouldn't have cooked it, but it did. Turned the back edges of them blue, and cracked a piece of one off. I didn't know all this, and wound up selling the motor. The new owner yanked it apart and let me know. I was ashamed and embarassed to have sold it like that. I reached a settlement with the person, and we tried contacting Lucien and got their famous (lack of) support. Last scorpion motor I ever bought...

SnowDog

Sorry to hear of your motor troubles... I killed a Scorp 4025-12 on my Vyper a couple years back too. I had it propped down to a 16x8 I believe, and the watts were around 1500 if memory serves. Definitely shouldn't have cooked it, but it did. Turned the back edges of them blue, and cracked a piece of one off. I didn't know all this, and wound up selling the motor. The new owner yanked it apart and let me know. I was ashamed and embarassed to have sold it like that. I reached a settlement with the person, and we tried contacting Lucien and got their famous (lack of) support. Last scorpion motor I ever bought...

Yeah, I cooked the Scorpion pretty good...won't even turn over now. I figure it is toast and it was my fault, so it was a lesson learned...so I was extra careful after installing the Motrolfly 4315 and hence the cooling baffles. I don't anticipate even trying to get the Scorpion fixed unless someone that reads this post has any ideas...it really was a nice motor....

Manta

70cc twin V2
Yea scorpion charges buttloads of money for nern support when they fry.
I dont understand how they can charge what they do for them.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yeah, I cooked the Scorpion pretty good...won't even turn over now. I figure it is toast and it was my fault, so it was a lesson learned...so I was extra careful after installing the Motrolfly 4315 and hence the cooling baffles. I don't anticipate even trying to get the Scorpion fixed unless someone that reads this post has any ideas...it really was a nice motor....

Yea scorpion charges buttloads of money for nern support when they fry.
I dont understand how they can charge what they do for them.

Ken has fixed other brand motors for me in the past... I'm sure he could figure his way around a scorp!

Manta

70cc twin V2
hehe Kens fixed scorps for sure. Dan from MicroDan motors has too for me.Not sure Dan repairs many motors anymore tho