• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

61" Extra 330 LT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach3

30cc
Just saw this post but I've got the 3DHS 61" Extra & here's my setup.
I have a Castle ICE 100 lite ESC with a Castle 10amp BEC running a Motrofly 4315 714kv on 4S 4000/4500 lipo's . For servo's I run Savox SV-1250MG servo which are the newer HV spec servo. I've got the BEC set to 7.4 volts so there 0.95 speed at 111oz of torque & let me tell you they are pretty fast for any 60" size plane. Yes you will have to enlarge the servo opening but it easy to do with just a hobby knife or file. Let me if you want any more info & enjoy the plane it rocks ;-)

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah man I like your setup. We actually have the same bird by 3DHS. I list mine here because I bought it from North West RC. Originally I was going to try and stick a MF DM4320-450Kv motor in it, but I think it would of been a bad choice. The power would of been great however the weight would of taken away too much I think. I started a blog on the build if you want to catch up or see what Ive done so far. Still waiting on a few things to finish it. Just go HERE if you want to read it. With the 4S setup you have, that thing must be like a feather and really nimble?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Just saw this post but I've got the 3DHS 61" Extra & here's my setup.
I have a Castle ICE 100 lite ESC with a Castle 10amp BEC running a Motrofly 4315 714kv on 4S 4000/4500 lipo's . For servo's I run Savox SV-1250MG servo which are the newer HV spec servo. I've got the BEC set to 7.4 volts so there 0.95 speed at 111oz of torque & let me tell you they are pretty fast for any 60" size plane. Yes you will have to enlarge the servo opening but it easy to do with just a hobby knife or file. Let me if you want any more info & enjoy the plane it rocks ;-)

Nice setup! Show us a pic man!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So hey guys what would you recommend as an alternate esc for this EF Torque 4016T/500KV motor? Maybe a Talon 90 or a Gecko?

Status
Not open for further replies.