• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

61" Extra 330 LT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Hey Tim have you built and flown the 61" Extra 330 LT? If you have how did you like it and did you use the recommended parts?
If you were to upgrade it for a more sport type bird like more speed and so on what would you recommend. Last question is why
does yours sell $10 more than @ the Extreme Flight Site? Come clean now what awesome stuff did you do to it... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bipenut53

150cc
Guaranteed the extra 10 bucks is far less in shipping costs from Georgia... I have bought planes from EF in Georgia and shipping was through the roof... Nobodys fault except shipping company....

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Okay so I have another question hopefully [MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] will answer this one... :)

I have a Motrolfly DM-4320/450kv and would like to know how you think it would do in this 61 incher on 6S.
I used to have it in the 64" 3DHS Vyper and it ran very good in that. Anyway anything you can share would
be great and appreciated.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Okay so I have another question hopefully [MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] will answer this one... :)

I have a Motrolfly DM-4320/450kv and would like to know how you think it would do in this 61 incher on 6S.
I used to have it in the 64" 3DHS Vyper and it ran very good in that. Anyway anything you can share would
be great and appreciated.

Well I can tell you that I had the 3DHS 57 Extra with the MF 4315 and my 6S battery was almost at the wingtube, the 4320 motor is 3.5 ounces heavier.... May not balance?

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well it doesn't say on the build manual, but I wonder if you can mount the Rudder Servo as a push/pull system?
Having the extra servo on the tail end may help with the cg. Probably not by much, but it could make the difference.
My MXSR is like that; the battery mounted right up against the wing tube.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Well it doesn't say on the build manual, but I wonder if you can mount the Rudder Servo as a push/pull system?
Having the extra servo on the tail end may help with the cg. Probably not by much, but it could make the difference.
My MXSR is like that; the battery mounted right up against the wing tube.

My MXS-R is that way too. On my 70 SlickPro and my EF 60" Yak I've got about a half inch to spare before the battery hits the tube.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Alright fellas,

So I pulled the trigger and bought this little bad boy. Just showed up at my door. [MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] thanks for such speedy turnaround brother.
Going to be awesome. I have two setups planned for this bird and the reason for two is because Im not sure if the first one will be the
best way to go. The motor, esc, prop and 3700mAh battery in setup #1 is what I ran in both my 65" Vyper and MSX-R. They both ran
awesome. For example the Vyper weighed in at about 9 lbs and I was getting just shy of 3000 watts per pound. This Extra weighs in at
about 5 - 5.5 lbs and is 61". SupaTim said I will probably be ok with this motor, but might need to drop the battery size down for weight.

Setup #1
Motor: MF DM4320-450KV
ESC: ZTW Gecko Series 125A Brushless ESC w/ 8A Adjustable SBEC
Prop: Xoar 17x10
Servos: Savox SV-1250MG or Hitec HS-8775MG
TX: Spektrum AR 8000
Batts: 6S 3000-3700mAh

Setup #2
Motor: Torque 4016T/500KV MKII
ESC: Airboss 80A
Prop: Falcon 16x7
Servos: Savox SV-1250MG or Hitec HS-8775MG
TX: Spektrum AR 8000
Batts: 6S 2650-3200mAh

Guess I'll post up some pics later when I un-box everything and start checking things out. Stay turned... :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.