• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

61" Extra 330 LT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bipenut53

150cc
Lol, I know SupaTim runs the Castle 80 or 90 amp ESC with those and turns up the BEC voltage for those Savox servos, awesome set up for the higher voltage servos... super fast that way...... Just a thought

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well you know Im considering the SC1257TG servos as well for a few bucks more. Very fast at .07 plenty strong @ 138.9 and 6.0 volts plus they are titanium geared so they'll last longer. What do you think?

Bipenut53

150cc
I like the Savox servos.... and I think they would work perfect... Will that Gecko ESC adjust the BEC voltage to 6 volts?

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Oh yes no problem there.
The only thing that bothers me is it weighs 126g you can check it out here The airboss 80a only weighs 74g and the the Phoenix Edge Light HV80 weighs w/wires 94.6g. Or the Talon 90 comes in @84.5g

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah I know bro but that's what I have and is why I'm talking about getting a new one. I'm kid of leaning towards the Talon 90 even wanting to try one out for a while now. Unless someone can tell me a reason why I shouldn't.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well after some research it looks like the Hitec HS7245MH servos are the only ones that will fit in this bird.
I like Hitec I just wish this model was a bit stronger and faster is all.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
I don't think they will fit bud. When I measured the mounting holes on the plane I get 33.4 x 17.3 mm.
The Hitec's are 32.5 x 16.7 mm Speed @ 7.4v = 0.11 Torque @ 7.4v = 89 oz-in
The Savox are 35 x 15 mm Speed @ 6.0v = 0.11 Torque @ 6.0v = 63.9 oz-in
Even if they did fit I would be downgrading in performance bud. I wish the Hitec's could get me a bit over 100 oz-in.
Ah well guess we shall see won't we. :) Also My Motrolfly is about 88g's heavier then the Torque 4016T/500KV and
Im trying to keep the weight down on this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.