• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Extra 300 EXP

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
1 EF 60" RWB Extra- Expired! Great plane but no match for 50' steel light pole at cruise! Having depth perception checked. Some parts available for salvage if anyone interested. First look (haven't looked closely yet) but left wing with minor leading edge root damage, tail all in good shape, main gear, wheel pants some dings but useable. 3- HT 5245s.
Heading to Toledo with Matt. Maybe I'll talk to Andrew about a Laser! Really do like that Extra thou.

SnowDog

what is the status of the fuselage/motor box of this one? I'd be potentially interested in that piece.

dth7

what is the status of the fuselage/motor box of this one? I'd be potentially interested in that piece.

No you wouldn't lol! DOA. sorry. I looked at the video and I still am not sure why I list the rudder in the outside turn. At impact the battery may have shifted forward too much and as the speed bled off it was a matter of time. Shame since I practice single wing on the sim.

dth7

Sorry Daren :)

Depending on price, I might grab the 5245s from you.

Let do a good check on them first. On way to Toledo with Matt. They should be fine (I think it's actually 2 5245s and a little beefier Airtronics in tail.

SnowDog

No you wouldn't lol! DOA. sorry. I looked at the video and I still am not sure why I list the rudder in the outside turn. At impact the battery may have shifted forward too much and as the speed bled off it was a matter of time. Shame since I practice single wing on the sim.

yeah. once I saw the pic I realized the same thing.
well, no worries.
It looks like the left wing was not damaged, is that accurate?

dth7

yeah. once I saw the pic I realized the same thing.
well, no worries.
It looks like the left wing was not damaged, is that accurate?

Minor damage at the root. About 3" or so on leading edge. Looks like easy repair. I can send pics.

dth7

RWB 60" extra parts- left wing, wing tube, SFGs, Rudder, wing bag, gear with wheels and pants. Will ship for actual shipping cost. PM me if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
I just finished building another 60" Extra EXP. I did not miss the old one too much because I was having so much fun with the 64" MXS, but after flying the new one I don't know how I lived without it!

You can read about it here...............

60" Extra EXP__Just Like Old Times

60" Extra EXP __ The Love Affair Continues

P1010013.JPG

[video=vimeo;115585239]https://vimeo.com/115585239[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: