• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

57 SC Discussion

gyro

GSN Contributor
I won't have the plane before next week then I'm busy for a bit with other commitments but could have it something ready around Christmas time give or take.

Well, here is some incentive: do a build log and mini-review, and we'll send you some 3DRCForums vinyl for your plane! :)

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I just completed the build of one of these. Have not maidened it yet. But i'm using a fairly familiar setup:

Motor: 4315 714k Motrofly
Servos: HS 5245 Digital
Batts: 4s 4000 25c Gens
ESC: Ice Lite 100
RX: AR8000 with TM1000 telemetry wired to monitor batt. packs.

Watt tested to 1275watts with APC 15x10e prop.

Cannot wait to maiden it.
How did the balance work out with this setup as for battery position?

Mach3

30cc
It has arrived, now just have to visit my LHS to pickup the servo's & esc as I need to support my LHS too so they can keep going :thumbup:

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Well I have put around 20-30 flights on this bird now and am getting vary comfortable with it. However I kept ripping my SFG off in flight. To fix this I put some medium CA in the holes for the screws and let it dry. Then I just put the screws back in to thread the hole and it seems to go in snugger than before, so this should work. Unfortunately yesterday when I went to turn my plane on my right aileron did not work, I burnt up the servo motor somehow. The servo is a HS-7245mh servo, but I figure anything man made can fail. So it is back to hitec for that servo, and I am sure they will take care of it as they always do. I am just glade I found it on the pre-flight cheack and not in the air lol.

maxx4wd

50cc
Ok with xmas money burning a hole in my proverbial pocket - I'm going to build one of these birds. So far this is what I'm thinking -
Motrofly 4315-714 with lightened alum. mount,
100A ESC (wither Gecko or CC Ice Lite 100),
pushing a 15x8 (or 15x7) prop.
on Glacier 4s 4000 (assuming pull-pull).

Does this sound about right?
servos - undecided as of yet - suggestions welcomed

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ok with xmas money burning a hole in my proverbial pocket - I'm going to build one of these birds. So far this is what I'm thinking -

Sounds about right to me!

Mach3

30cc

I'm running this setup with a cc ice lite 100, CC bec & Hitech HS-5245mg servos with great success.
The only thing I might ever think of upgrading is to some better servo's but even that comes down to personal preference

maxx4wd

50cc
I'm running this setup with a cc ice lite 100, CC bec & Hitech HS-5245mg servos with great success.
The only thing I might ever think of upgrading is to some better servo's but even that comes down to personal preference

Yeah someone mentioned the hitec 7245 mh servos as the ticket @ 7.4v but I'm thinking that's a ton of money for this size plane - would rather stick the extra into the Bigfoot this summer - or a larger plane if money frees up a bit. Might look for a hitec equivalent on the same magnitude - maybe something from savox.