• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Seems I don't get on here enough lately. With the flying and the long dog days of summer, I seem to find myself more and more away from my home away from home. But it is so sweet when I do make it back. There is always something really nice and warming to feast my eyes upon. Such is the case of this design. I gotta tell ya, (which you've already heard) This thing is absolutely top shelf bad ass to the bone awesome. You sure you don't want me to maiden it for you??? I am really good ya know?!?! Gimmie the sticks, I'll fly it. LOL...Seriously, that is just gorgeous. Can't wait to see it all together and the maiden video. It's gonna be most bodaciously spectacular.
Thanks Rob, I appreciate the comments. I'm sure this is one maiden I will be nervous for. There will be that nagging feeling in the back of my mind wondering if I screwed up designing things. I maidened a friends Composite ARF Extra 330Sc earlier this year and I didn't have time to get nervous for that one. He never even told me I was flying it until we got it started and he handed me the transmitter. :confused??:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thanks Rob, I appreciate the comments. I'm sure this is one maiden I will be nervous for. There will be that nagging feeling in the back of my mind wondering if I screwed up designing things. I maidened a friends Composite ARF Extra 330Sc earlier this year and I didn't have time to get nervous for that one. He never even told me I was flying it until we got it started and he handed me the transmitter. :confused??:
Lol...what a pal huh? Lol... I'm sure you will do just great.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Been away at Clover Creek for a week....come back and start catching up on the good threads and VOILA, you're damned near done!!!!! Beautiful :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I actually did some work on this thing today. I just haven't been in the mood to work on it for some reason.

This evening I sprayed a coat of white on the top of the wings. Tomorrow I'll mask the area where the white stripe will be and spray the red, then more masking then black, then clear and yada, yada, yada.;)

Sorry about the crappy pictures, but my phone just doesn't like taking picture in the florescent lights in the shop.:(

20161014_171400_resized.jpg
20161014_182457_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I actually did some work on this thing today. I just haven't been in the mood to work on it for some reason.

This evening I sprayed a coat of white on the top of the wings. Tomorrow I'll mask the area where the white stripe will be and spray the red, then more masking then black, then clear and yada, yada, yada.;)

Sorry about the crappy pictures, but my phone just doesn't like taking picture in the florescent lights in the shop.:(

View attachment 89677 View attachment 89678
Well there it is. I have been wondering and meaning to ask you how the progress was going. Guess you won't be getting a maiden in this year huh? I sure like that design of yours. Makes me want...a...really..."BIG" one.
happy-wink-smiley-emoticon.gif

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Doug,

Your not alone when it comes to not being in a building mood. With the exception of my AMR Stick, I cannot get motivated to work on anything. Now get back to painting. . . . . :laughing: