• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" Extra 300 EXP

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Looking at the vids.... It sure looks to be a better 3D performer than the 70" EF Extra.

Too bad that don't give you much in the way of rudder control LOL. Holly Crud that thing us huge!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Thats what I kept hearing and reading about the EF - rudder control - and alot of people were saying they couldn't seem to get enough power in the EF 78" extra without it getting to heavy. Your two for two... I am thinking 8S might be the ticket. Was also thinking 12S, but that may be to much weight. What do you think? Lastly, Im still trying to decide between the Motrolfly motor or Hacker. Aerobeez was running a A60 and it seemed to do real well on that.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Actually the old version of the EF 78 was lacking grader control. It has now bee updated with larger rudder and large elevator! I have never heard anyone talk about lack of power....

I think 12s would simply not work for 3D. The prop diameter would need to be way too small. My knee jerk is 8s. I felt like the videos of that slick pro showed slightly anemic pull out. I know the EF 60" EXPs are flipping awesome on 6s, so my feeling is that 8s would be more appropriate for the 70".

I know hacker is a great motor, but they get hot. I have used Motrolfly and they stay amazingly cool. If it were me, I would be looking at the Motrolfly.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Im running the Motrolfly 4320-450 on my Vyper and your right it does stay cool and I like the power with Xoar 17x10 for speed/precision flying and 18.8 for slower 3D stuff. I have it connected to a FTW Gecko 125A.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Well the 70" is gonna be 5" wider and a pound heavier (likely). I'd be thinking 8s. Then again, maybe Aerobeez flew it on 6s cause they know it can't take the extra weight and still perform 3D well. Choices, Choices....

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] so what do you fellas say. What exactly was your setup on 70" Slick Pro and how do you think things would be on 8S 10S or a 12S setup?

Think they will answer this question or am I posting this in the wrong board?
Maybe I should just go to the Aerobeez board and post this, what do ya say [MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION] ?