• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" Extra 300 EXP

Bipenut53

150cc
:)
Valid point...Answer is because EF is not the be all end all in this hobby. I do love mine, but there are other vendors out there with awesomeness I want to support them as well. Competition is what keeps things getting better. You already know this. The reason I keep going back to EF for my next plane is because I know what Im getting. I don't make enough money that allows me to take too many chances. Then again if I don't I'll never know for myself will I. Im still considering that Redwing Slick Pro, although it is on the bottom of the list and almost out. Still gathering info and opinions. Someday I want a biplane and as my skills grow I will have one. EF doesn't even have one of those. 3DHS does have one, but it's way to small, I want a 50CC size. Anyway Im going on a tangent now. [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION] I run my 65" Vyper on 6S 5000 mAh and yes I do more sport flying then 3D but that sucker sure does book it man and you can still toss it around pretty dang good. Very precise on low rates and that thing will hold a knife edge for ever, pretty much lands itself too even with the extra weight.

Very wise [MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION], yes there are tons of companies out there dealing everything from airframes to switches. You should explore all options available to you. By the way here is a option for your 50cc biplane addiction http://www.3drcforums.com/images/smilies/smile.png https://www.aero-works.net/product/50cc-ultimate-20-300-arf-qb/ just a thought. Anyway I see tons of people happy with the other airframes from aeroworks, aerobeez, PAU, PA, 3dhs and others. Make the right choice for you and be happy with it as I will in the future battery wise. By the way, both my EF 60" airframes 3D just fine and when I do need to get some 6s batteries I will consider the trade off of flight time vs. performance and I may go both ways. I will be interested in hearing on what you decide to fly in the future as I think you will make the right choice for you! Biggest thing is HAVE FUN!!! http://www.3drcforums.com/images/smilies/banana.gif

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Too funny... I have been looking at that Aeroworks 50cc Ultimate 20-300 ARF QB for such a long time. Love that plane dude. Just looks so badass and the quality seems to be there as well. Give it 2 :thumbup::thumbup:

Bipenut53

150cc
I know they were having a problem with the top wing, it is a one piece wing and it would come apart in the center, I think that has been fixed with the later version but Im not sure. I would be asking questions about it before I purchased it.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Choices Choices!!!!

That reminds me on an NPR program I heard recently. Psychologists have been studying the role of choice in the retail market (everything from shoes, to cars, to cheeseburgers). Of course consumers seem to demand lots of choice right? The funny thing is that studies show that choices make us less happy as a culture. While we are trying to decide what to buy we are anxious that we make the right choice, the best choice. Then after we do buy it, we are worried that we may not have made the right decision. This phenomenon increases as choice increases. So from a psychologist point of view, we would all be happier driving Trabants LOL...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trabant

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well I don't know about all that mumbo jumbo physco stuff, but I do know I have made my choice and I like my choice. @Bipenut Im not going to strart another build thread bud. Im just going to follow the
Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide. If I see something I think may make it better I'll post it up. Mind you this will have to be on the Aerobeez Airplane board though. Almost went with the EF 60", but I did a crap load of reading and some video watching and so on and so on. Asked a lot of questions via pm's and I really love the scheme on this bird. More to come. :)

Bipenut53

150cc
Well you have to at least post some pictures!!! [MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] congratulations on a decision!! Biggest thing is to have fun!!! I think you are going to be happy even though you are going to cheese out on the build thread lol!

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Well I don't know about all that mumbo jumbo physco stuff, but I do know I have made my choice and I like my choice. @Bipenut Im not going to strart another build thread bud. Im just going to follow the
Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide. If I see something I think may make it better I'll post it up. Mind you this will have to be on the Aerobeez Airplane board though. Almost went with the EF 60", but I did a crap load of reading and some video watching and so on and so on. Asked a lot of questions via pm's and I really love the scheme on this bird. More to come. :)

Electric? 8s?