• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" Extra 300 EXP

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Absolutely I will send you some linkage brother. Your into it now hugh? BTW do you run the Demon Aero Cortex on any of your stuff?

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Yes I want to see how it turns out! Definitely want to see what the other guys say about the power system (I still strongly say go with the Motrolfly no matter what)!

Right now I am flying a 60" EF YakEXP and an EF MXS EXP. I use the Cortex in both of them. I really love the Cortex. For 3D flying, I don't think there is anything else on the market that can match it at this point. It works like a charm right out of the box, but is also super easy to tailor it. It is amazingly transparent, and you don't know it is there until you turn it off.

Well today i did the 8th flight on my 48" Extra, it has the EF Power Combo. Today my plane started acting like a gas engine, almost similar to starving from fuel. Power kept on going in and out. I swapped the battery and the same thing. I tried a different brand battery and the same thing. What could be causing that? How do i fix it?

Bipenut53

150cc
I would call Extreme Flight, it seems that some Airboss 45amp ESC's can have some sort of interaction with some Spektrum receivers that will cause that problem and they have a fix for it.

I called Extreme Flight. They said some of there ESC are having problems with the throttle signal coming from Spektrum Receiver. So there is a resistor they are sending me which plugs in between the Throttle/power wire from the ESC and the Receiver.

Thank you for all the help guys.