• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" Edge 540 Building, Flying, and Questions

Olie

50cc
I just did a full rebuild of my 48" Edge due to rather crap weather over the last week or so.

It got a once over check for cracks, and quick CA around the motor box.

The Omega 130 had a quick clean and oil of its bearings.

Servos were stripped out and checked for centring, slop and their mounts checked.

Cabling was tidied and finally a good once over with a microfibre cloth to clean off all of the mud for a couple of, errrrrrrrr, messy landings in the rain :thumbsdown:

I took a couple of quick pics, but that was before I cleaned her :facepalm:

Minimal Graphics

Cabling

Wing Cabling, they get removed for transport, so I use slightly rugged connections

Hello little crammed RX

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just did a full rebuild of my 48" Edge due to rather crap weather over the last week or so.

Servos were stripped out and checked for centring, slop and their mounts checked.

Cabling was tidied and finally a good once over with a microfibre cloth to clean off all of the mud for a couple of, errrrrrrrr, messy landings in the rain :thumbsdown:

Minimal Graphics

Cabling

Wing Cabling, they get removed for transport, so I use slightly rugged connections

Hello little crammed RX

Wow, she looks good as new! I like the servo sheathing!

Olie

50cc
Sheathing was a test more than anything.

I can happily get 3x Servo wires into it, so when I move up to something larger, it will make cable management a breeze!

Feral

Minimal Graphics

Cabling

Hello little crammed RX

Nice wiring job buddy did you learn that trick from Hamish and the heli boys