• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" Edge 540 Building, Flying, and Questions

Olie

50cc
I pulled out the dremel and file last night and my edge is now sporting an 85mg on the rudder.

I seemed to be getting quite a bit of blow back at high speed so this was my solution.

If it is a vast improvement in the air, then I will do the same with the elevator.

Olie

50cc
85mg sucks :(

I now need to work out how to shoehorn more of the damn things into my plane.

The 65mgs just feel like puss now.

Maybe 5085 on elevator for a bit more punch

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm thinking of picking one of these up as a first real balsa 3D plane. Any tips/tricks?

I liked mine best on 3s 2200-2600mah with a 14x7 prop. The Omega 130g (3dhs), Motrolfly 2820-950 (subsonicplanes), or Sunnysky 2820-920 (buddyrc) are all excellent options.

3DMad5

50cc
I liked mine best on 3s 2200-2600mah with a 14x7 prop. The Omega 130g (3dhs), Motrolfly 2820-950 (subsonicplanes), or Sunnysky 2820-920 (buddyrc) are all excellent options.

Thanks! It looks like a really capable plane in all the videos I've seen, hopefully it'll perform even half as well in my hands

3DMad5

50cc
Went ahead and ordered one of these with a SunnySky 2820/920 over the weekend. Can't wait until it arrives!