• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" Edge 540 Building, Flying, and Questions

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have not had a 47 but I liked my first 48 edge enough that I bought a second one. If the 47 is more stable it must be marginal because the 48 is very stable for the size. It gives plenty of confidence to fly low. It is amazingly stable in knife edge flight and I really loved its inverted harrier. I had just as much covering torn off the top of the rudder as the bottom :D. I also had torn covering on the aileron tips from low knife edge passes ;)

So hopefully I didn't make a decision harder to make ;)

I was (at the time) a little surprised how awesome the Knife Edge was on the 48". It was incredible! I was coming from the 48" Vyper, so my exceptions were that it'd suck compared to the Vyper, but it did very well. Great all around airplane.

Cmala

70cc twin V2
Flew today for the first time in 6 months.

Hands shaking a little but did hover tail touches.

Great little plane

Cmala

70cc twin V2
3S-2200

First flight was way too high but I proved to myself that I could still fly it. Did a high hover, KE spin, high KE pass, etc.

Second flight was a little lower, got the feel for harrier again and practiced hover some more and exiting hover

Third flight I brought it down on the deck and hovered in front of me. Good thing I didn't have a group watching me or I would have tried to hover catch :rolleyes: That could have ended ugly.

It was really twitchy due to my overcorrections. Really made me miss my 103. I'm not going 100cc again though until I can replace the trailer first.

Cmala

70cc twin V2
I still have a profile yak, 48 epp extra, 1/4 scale cub,

Oh, I have a 70 slick too and an epp profile extra