• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

42" Vyper Bype

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I don't have this plane so I'm shooting from the hip a little bit... is the strut made out of wood? Could you make one out of some ply?

ABLEC6

New to GSN!
I have laid out and traced the right side to mirror, but it will be a real test for me... The mounting locations at the wings are going to be most difficult. If not done correctly, how badly could I mess up?
I take pride in my equipment being correct and as close to original as possible.

*still hopeful*

James

gyro

GSN Contributor
I would contact SteveT. He has had various things very similar to this laser-cut for him, and knows the process. I'm sure he could tell you how to go about having it done. And the cost seems reasonable too, maybe 20 dollars I would guess. It would seem to be a very simple thing to have cut since you have a template to make one from...

I actually called Steve yesterday before my reply, to make sure it could be done. I asked him to come by this thread and help, but I guess he got busy.

ABLEC6

New to GSN!
Thanks for the help, guys. I could re create a new strut, but I'm hoping there's an easier way! I'd have to mirror the right one and hope that it's accurate and cross my fingers. This just seems like a lot of duplicate work with a lot of room for error for something that 3DHS has already designed. If the struts come with the wing sets, am I crazy for thinking the wings could be sold separate from the struts as 2 different product numbers? I'm 3DHS' #1 fan and really appreciate what they've done for the hobby as a manufacturer. I just wish they would sell struts independent from the wings.

If anyone has had to buy a wing set and their original strut wasn't damaged, or has a strut to sell, I'd appreciate you contacting me to avoid extra work for SteveT or myself the headache designing and building one.

Thanks guys! Fly Low!

James

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help, guys. SteveT has graciously offered to help me laser cut a strut, but I'm hoping there's an easier way! I'd have to send the unbroken one to him to model and mirror before making a new piece. This just seems like a lot of duplicate work with a lot of room for error (no disrespect intended) for something that 3DHS has already designed. If the struts come with the wing sets, am I crazy for thinking the wings could be sold separate from the struts as 2 different product numbers? I'm 3DHS' #1 fan and really appreciate what they've done for the hobby as a manufacturer. I just wish they would sell struts independent from the wings.

If anyone has had to buy a wing set and their original strut wasn't damaged, or has a strut to sell, I'd appreciate you contacting me to avoid extra work for SteveT or myself the headache designing and building one.

Thanks guys! Fly Low!

James

If Steve is willing to help you by getting one lazer cut I would be happy and go with that. That is what I call service and trust me when I say this. Most hobbyshops would tell you that there is nothing the can do for you. Good luck with your hunt.

SteveT.

100cc
I actually called Steve yesterday before my reply, to make sure it could be done. I asked him to come by this thread and help, but I guess he got busy.

Things are not always as they seem...:D :D

SteveT.

Last edited by a moderator: