• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

42" Vyper Bype

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Just got my bype as well! Looks nice! This will be my first bype, kind of excited to try something a bit new! (but still 3d)

zmonster97

Here are some pics of my vyper bype unboxing. I got some pics of the wing attachments you guys were asking for(I think).

Here's how you mount the wings.

Bottom wings: This is a picture of how the bottom wings attach to the plane. It is like just about any other 3dhs mono wing plane. A carbon fiber tube slides through the fuse and the wings slide onto that. Then you hold the wings on with a wing bolt on each wing. There is also 2 magnets per wing and fuse side that help hold the wings on. This picture was taken from the bottom of the plane looking through the hatch.

Top wings: This is a picture of how the top wings attach to the plane. A carbon fiber tube slides through the center mount attached to the top of the fuse. Then the wings slide on to that and are held on to the center mount with 4 magnets per wing. There is also a carbon fiber anti-rotation pin that goes through both wings and the center mount at the back of the wings.(not shown)

DSCN1651.jpgDSCN1653.jpgDSCN1656.jpg
DSCN1660.jpgDSCN1663.jpgDSCN1672.jpgDSCN1677.jpgDSCN1679.jpgDSCN1682.jpgDSCN1683.jpgDSCN1684.jpg<top wings
^Bottom wings

Last edited by a moderator:

Fredriksson

New to GSN!
Hey guys. I have my Byper finished and thought I would post a few pics. My wife named my plane Echo. The Echo decal is from Callie Graphics. This plane flys great!! And it looks gorgeous!!! My opinion, of course.

IMG_1964 Small.jpgIMG_1997 Small.jpgIMG_2009 Small.jpg

Freddy

gyro

GSN Contributor

LanceMc

New to GSN!
Looks great Freddy. I'm starting my build this morning. Just taking a break from the CA fumes :) I took advantage of the free shipping last weekend. I had it shipped to a friends place in a border town (Pt. Roberts). I'm just outside of Vancouver BC. Is mine the first Byper in Canada? Eat your heart out Andy :) Oh, and I went with red of course.:)

Lance

Last edited by a moderator:

Fredriksson

New to GSN!
Freddy, Byper looks great! I'm glad you are enjoying it, and I love the Echo graphics! What do you like most about the plane? Any challenges during the build?

Thanks GYRO. For me, the build was pretty straight forward. It was my first pull-pull rudder setup but that was not too bad. Probably the worse part of the build was with the included screw type servo connectors. I purchased the DuBro oversize servo arms and made all connections on the farthest out holes on the arms. When setting up the control throws I found that what I really needed was the innermost holes in the DuBro servo arms. In the process of removing the connectors, several broke rather than unscrewing because of the CA I had used to lock them. I went ahead and just replaced them all with DuBro E-Z Connectors. I also had to do some sanding on the inside of the cowl to get it to fit onto the fuse as far as it needed to go to get the spinner to line up right.

As for what I like about the plane? First, the plane looks awesome. It has a big presence on the ground and in the air. I had been looking for a nice bipe but had trouble making up my mind. None of the bipes I found were quite what I was looking for. The Vyper Bype caught my eye right off the bat and knowing it comes for the mind of Scott Stoops through 3D Hobby Shop, I knew it would be a great flying, well built, tough plane. I have owned and flown a 3DHS 47" Extra 300 SHP for over 4 years so I knew what Scott was capable of designing. Second, although I am not the pilot to wring this plane out, I love the way it flys. I only have 4 flights on it but the power with the Hacker motor on an APC 15x6E prop is awesome. I have a lot to learn with this plane but that will be fun. I really like the looks of KE flight and just purchased a DX7 RX and will be taking advantage of the mixes to dial in some nice KE. After that will be to learn to do KE spins. I like the look of them too.

Freddy