• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

40" EPP Edge 540 Building, Flying, and Questions

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Lol yes today she sent me to fly. Been having a it o withdrawl. Weather here has been so crummy for flying.

And yea I usually have a couple of each size charged all the time. Had everything charged today as I charged up everything to fly on Saturday and it just got too windy to go out.

Snowdog did you get that thing in the air?

SnowDog

Lol yes today she sent me to fly. Been having a it o withdrawl. Weather here has been so crummy for flying.

And yea I usually have a couple of each size charged all the time. Had everything charged today as I charged up everything to fly on Saturday and it just got too windy to go out.

Snowdog did you get that thing in the air?

Yes, I did...haven't looked at the video yet...it should be amusing and entertaining...my sons helped me with the video but it had turned cold and windy...so they've got some entertaining comments on the video to be sure...will be posting the build and flight video (such as it was, in 15mph winds) ;) in a few hours.

maxx4wd

50cc
I just got mine built up and am going to try to maiden it tomorrow morning...this is my first true 3D plane so I'm a little nervous to fly it but I do fine on the sim and can toss my funcub around like no business so I'm hoping to make the step to the 3D planes with this plane as I have a 42" Slick begging to be flown but not wadded up on it's first flight...

Hoping for a nice trimming flight and maybe some mild acrobatics but basically just a few base flights to get the hang of it...

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just got mine built up and am going to try to maiden it tomorrow morning...this is my first true 3D plane so I'm a little nervous to fly it but I do fine on the sim and can toss my funcub around like no business so I'm hoping to make the step to the 3D planes with this plane as I have a 42" Slick begging to be flown but not wadded up on it's first flight...

Hoping for a nice trimming flight and maybe some mild acrobatics but basically just a few base flights to get the hang of it...

Good luck on the maiden!!! The 42" Slick is very nice and tame (all these planes are honestly) on low rates with a forward CG.

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
You will have a blast with this plane. Love mine. It's always the first to fly and usually the last to fly as well. Just a ton of fun for a small airplane.

maxx4wd

50cc
Wow, just finished the maiden this morning and this is a great little airframe...going to be a lot of fun - I don't know why I was worried about flying it...kept it on low rates for the first few flights and got used to the sticks...by the 3rd pack all was going good...so good I forgot to set the timer and ended up putting the esc into limp mode. Landed it a little rough but nothing more than a re-tweak of the landing gear to compensate...the biggest issue I have with this plane isn't really an issue...just need to get used to the 4 min. flight times...that and a need for quite a few more batteries :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Wow, just finished the maiden this morning and this is a great little airframe...going to be a lot of fun - I don't know why I was worried about flying it...kept it on low rates for the first few flights and got used to the sticks...by the 3rd pack all was going good...so good I forgot to set the timer and ended up putting the esc into limp mode. Landed it a little rough but nothing more than a re-tweak of the landing gear to compensate...the biggest issue I have with this plane isn't really an issue...just need to get used to the 4 min. flight times...that and a need for quite a few more batteries :)

What packs are you using that only give you 4 min?

maxx4wd

50cc
What packs are you using that only give you 4 min?

Turnigy NanoTech 1600s - 25C (new) can't remember but nothing too crazy....I was just putting around at about half throttle for most of the flight but it was 10-15mph winds so a little more throttle than needed probably...would hope that the packs would last a little longer...Also have an older Genace pack and it was about the same time... (they are all in perfect working order - and balance nicely) running the Omega 103g w/ 12x6 APC prop. I do have my ESC set for 6v but I doubt that would make too much of a difference.

More than enough power for me...might change to an 11x5.5 (but I do like the vertical performance with the 12x6)...

What flight times / power train combos are you guys seeing...

maxx4wd

50cc
disregard my last post...went out this morning and I am getting 6 minutes with and using about 50% of the batt so maybe the winds were higher or the motor had to break in yesterday but issue resolved itself (I know when does that ever happen). Will try again soo and see just how long these batteries will go...Note that my current flying style isn't pure 3D yet so it's more along the lines of mild aerobatics...loops, hover attemps, some knife edge, inverted basic stuff that is mostly constant throttle...getting braver with each flight though...

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
This plane is a blast in the dark. Just put 4 flights on my lighted one. Love it. What a blast. Got all my knife edge mixes setup as well since I was just too lazy to do it. Just a bit of rudder to aileron. Straight as an arrow now. Wish wife had come out and took some pics but some TV show sucked her in.