• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3DHS Tennessee Fly-Low-In - August 15-18, 2013 Knoxville, TN

hosam

70cc twin V2
Josh,
Thanks for the offer; I think I've got it so far. Having said that, if you want to bring the motor box kit, I'd be happy to use it...I'm sure this isn't the last time I'll need to repair this thing...I've been pushing this plane really hard this year. :)
Here's some pics of my repairs.

looks good Mike...

SnowDog

Wow it has been a long day here at House Mountain! Mike Bivens and the rest of his club have been doing an outstanding job hosting this event.

The weather has been very cooperative as well. Friday and it is standing room only at the field! Every inch of space is covered by canopies, planes, trailers, and people!

Tonight there was a fish fry sponsored by Mike Bivens and the fish that he and his dad caught earlier this year. Everyone pitched in to help fry the fish, cook the hushpuppies, and boil the corn. What a treat to enjoy fish caught by Mike and his dad! Mike even included raffle tickets in the price of dinner...very gracious indeed!

Tomorrow night is a barbeque dinner. We are being shown true southern hospitality at this FLI!

If today's flying was any clue to what tomorrow will bring, we are in for a real treat!

We had demo flights today from Joe Smith and Andrew Ritschel (AndyJuice). And those are just the demo flights. Flying behind the trees seems to be the mark of awesomeness that some people are striving for!

We've seen blown off canopies on James' 104, we've seen Fred push an Aeroworks 100cc plane to the point of structural failure, we've had some unplanned impacts with terra firma, and we've seen the soybeans reach out and grab unsuspecting airframes, among other things!

Tonight the lights are on, the planes continue to fly as if the sun didn't set, and people are sitting behind the flight line enjoying plane after plane zooming around. I've counted at least eight planes in the air, not counting foamies at night.

Friends, this is truly an FLI in every sense of the word. Many congrats to 3D Hobby Shop for sponsoring and supporting the event, and Mike Bivens and the House Mountain R/C club for putting on an excellent event! Stay tuned for more -- it's only Friday!

Last edited by a moderator:
This Fly Low In is SMOKING! Excellent turn out, and if this event isn't already at the top of everyone's "must attend" list, better edit your list!?! I'm just saying! The team pilots and 3DHS staff are a great group of folks, friendly and helpful and ready to lend a hand checking planes and setups. Two days down and two more fun packed ones to go. I'm voting for another fish fry for Saturday cuz man that was good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmala

70cc twin V2
What do you do when you lose a wheel on the second flight of your 89 Slick?

Yell for help from Joe and Aron!

That's what I do anyway

[video=vimeo;72558425]http://vimeo.com/72558425[/video]

gyro

GSN Contributor
What do you do when you lose a wheel on the second flight of your 89 Slick?

Yell for help from Joe and Aron!

That's what I do anyway

[video=vimeo;72558425]http://vimeo.com/72558425[/video]

Aron did a great job, awesome snag! At FLI Dallas when that happened to me, they all just stood around and said "land it"

guess they like you more :p

Jkim

50cc
That was a great save! I really hate I could not make it with you Craig.

So I finally get home from Texas and find out that all the stuff that I ordered from Noll @ 3DHS was missing from the garage. I asked my girlfriend about it and she said she took the empty box out to the trash Friady morning. Only it was not empty (sigh). Now I have to try and replace it all.