• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
Noll told me that he plans on clarifying a few of the rules a little more before the next one... and there will be a next one. Here on this site. :ecstatic:

He didn't seem as annoyed with the i'll take #xx before the item drops, but I do believe he was annoyed with the multiple "back outs" on their commitments. Honestly, I was too. But it's not my sale, it's 3DHS. My only dog in the fight is if someone violates this site's rules during the sale, by creating multiple accounts, etc.

-G
WE all had a great time. Got a bit interesting a few times. Glad to hear the next one will be here also.
RCG probably wanted $50 to have it over there. LOL

gyro

GSN Contributor
WE all had a great time. Got a bit interesting a few times. Glad to hear the next one will be here also.
RCG probably wanted $50 to have it over there. LOL

Yeah, I saw their 50 dollar thing, a little over priced if you ask me...

as I've said multiple times, they run a business for profit there, and ********** & friends feed their families off it. Their goal is to generate revenue. That is where we are different. Yes, we charge advertisers for ads, but we are not trying to maximize our revenue by passing on costs to our members. We're happy with our humble little business model, and will focus on taking care of our members and sponsors, and developing content.

Why would you need multiple accounts? I dont get it.

Hypothetically, you could try multiple times to get the "I'll take item xx" with multiple accounts.

3dplank

70cc twin V2
Jim It is only $25 dollars to join the 3dplank fan club:cool: What do you get you ask:D Well not only will you be the only member. you can also be the president. I will let you think about it:ecstatic:

zmonster97

The only thing I thought was annoying were the people who backed out of their purchase agreements.

These looked to me like mostly people who were just trying to "win" something without even knowing what it was they were agreeing to purchase.

If I was Noll, I would have ignored all the BS and expected payment from the first person who correctly responded that they would take that item and moved on to the next item. I'm not a people person though.

Chatting during a garage sale? Big deal. If you get caught up responding to other posts during the sale you run the risk of not being able to purchase something. That's your own fault and part of the game. If you don't like it, don't participate. If you do participate, quit your whining.

Editing your post in response to the sale item is just bad form and should be mentioned as a ground rule if there is another sale. You have to remember, the reason they do these sales is to benefit us, their loyal customers. If it becomes too much of a hassle for 3DHS then what's the point?

Next time we have a garage sale, I will change the forum options to prevent editing of posts during the garage sale.
Executive Summary: do not edit posts during garage sale: :sadface:

Yes, sorry guys about editing my post. I realized that it was was dumb and unfair after I did it. Won't happen again. Sorry.

njswede

150cc
I had a good time at the garage sale. if you bid you should buy it. P.B.

It was great! I think it was the first time participating in an online garage sale for some of us (I know it was for me), so maybe that's why there were a few fumbles (me included [almost]). A few minor tweaks is all we need to make it 100% perfect next time. And next time I'll win something! :)