• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

3dplank

70cc twin V2
The only thing I thought was annoying were the people who backed out of their purchase agreements.

These looked to me like mostly people who were just trying to "win" something without even knowing what it was they were agreeing to purchase.

If I was Noll, I would have ignored all the BS and expected payment from the first person who correctly responded that they would take that item and moved on to the next item. I'm not a people person though.

Chatting during a garage sale? Big deal. If you get caught up responding to other posts during the sale you run the risk of not being able to purchase something. That's your own fault and part of the game. If you don't like it, don't participate. If you do participate, quit your whining.

Editing your post in response to the sale item is just bad form and should be mentioned as a ground rule if there is another sale. You have to remember, the reason they do these sales is to benefit us, their loyal customers. If it becomes too much of a hassle for 3DHS then what's the point?

:thumbup:

Eagle34

50cc
+1. It's a sale, first come first serve. If you didn't win, too bad. I didn't win anything, I ain't mad about it either.

:thumbup:

The only thing I thought was annoying were the people who backed out of their purchase agreements.

These looked to me like mostly people who were just trying to "win" something without even knowing what it was they were agreeing to purchase.

If I was Noll, I would have ignored all the BS and expected payment from the first person who correctly responded that they would take that item and moved on to the next item. I'm not a people person though.

Chatting during a garage sale? Big deal. If you get caught up responding to other posts during the sale you run the risk of not being able to purchase something. That's your own fault and part of the game. If you don't like it, don't participate. If you do participate, quit your whining.

Editing your post in response to the sale item is just bad form and should be mentioned as a ground rule if there is another sale. You have to remember, the reason they do these sales is to benefit us, their loyal customers. If it becomes too much of a hassle for 3DHS then what's the point?

:thumbup::thumbup:

SnowDog

Next time we have a garage sale, I will change the forum options to prevent editing of posts during the garage sale.
Executive Summary: do not edit posts during garage sale: :sadface:

Cmala

70cc twin V2
All it would take is throwing a 126 Slick into the garage sale. If people were afraid that they might be commited to buying a $2000 airplane they might actually wait until they see what the item is before agreeing to purchase it.

rmr24

New to GSN!
Could be a simple rule: Anyone who post "I'll take item no. X", before item no. X has been posted is not eligible to buy that item. Do it twice and your not eligible to buy any item. That would cut out the " oh wait I didn't really want that, anyone want to trade?"

Eagle34

50cc
Well part of that is just being funny. I mean Plank is kinda known for posting "I'll take #1" or even "I'll take #20" a day after the sale.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Could be a simple rule: Anyone who post "I'll take item no. X", before item no. X has been posted is not eligible to buy that item. Do it twice and your not eligible to buy any item. That would cut out the " oh wait I didn't really want that, anyone want to trade?"

Noll told me that he plans on clarifying a few of the rules a little more before the next one... and there will be a next one. Here on this site. :ecstatic:

He didn't seem as annoyed with the i'll take #xx before the item drops, but I do believe he was annoyed with the multiple "back outs" on their commitments. Honestly, I was too. But it's not my sale, it's 3DHS. My only dog in the fight is if someone violates this site's rules during the sale, by creating multiple accounts, etc.

-G