• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

SteveT.

100cc
ZMonster
I PM'ed you two times telling you your post was in front of mine, and I didn't want that small of a plane.

I must confess watching all the fan boys post and social bull pucky, even a comment belittling someone asking a question that belonged in this tread last night drove me to spending my money elsewhere (New Green and Black AirFrame in the Mail). Good luck to all who won last night as dealing with 3DHS has been an exercise in patience from my experience.

My comment was actually out of line, but did not in anyway mean it to belittle anybody. My only thought was that Noll (Horton) had asked that the chatter be held down a little, and that rather than distract Noll from the auction, it was a question best saved for another time.

That said, I have sent gregory.da a PM with my apology....

STeveT

is it monday yet? lol cant wait to get into a slick again, just gotta sell that hacker motor i picked up as well to fund the servos and ESC to put in the slick.

My comment was actually out of line, but did not in anyway mean it to belittle anybody. My only thought was that Noll (Horton) had asked that the chatter be held down a little, and that rather than distract Noll from the auction, it was a question best saved for another time.

STeveT

Thanks Steve, but not necessary. I understood your comment and accepted it. It could have interupted the flow of the Garage Sale if we started asking questions about the F3A Promotion. I said np, later (meaning I'll ask it later). No foul, no harm :peace:. DG

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks Steve, but not necessary. I understood your comment and accepted it. It could have interupted the flow of the Garage Sale if we started asking questions about the F3A Promotion. I said np, later (meaning I'll ask it later). No foul, no harm :peace:. DG

One thing we all must remember when posting in the forums vs. pm'ing, is that our comments intended for one person are read by one hundred or one thousand. Even if the one person understands the intent, the perception of the one hundred could take things the wrong way, and form a negative opinion. I have been very guilty of taking this for granted in the past myself...

-G

robj

70cc twin V2

STeveT

I don't think it was out of line however I didn't look up the comment. It was a little rough during the sale IMO. To much chatter, people editing a post to change it, asking Noll "did I win item?" Sure it's an open thread but during a garage sale that needs to be the focus...not what's the best prop for....? It just works better for everyone if the chatter is less. It's also easier for Noll as he is trying to track replys and get things right. He clearly states....xxxx won item 19. If he didn't call you out, you didn't win. If you don't want it, don't hit it. And whan you get it, don't complain about a former is broken or the decals are missing. That's why it's a "garage sale". Sometimes a gem, sometimes a little rough.

Anyway...JMHO...that's all.

Rob

Eagle34

50cc
While I missed the whole thing I did read through all of the thread. I have to agree with most about how things went. This was the fourth (maybe third but I think fourth) garage sale that I've known about/participated in. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a seperate thread for the garage sales, that way everyone knows the rules, ect.

I think Noll does a pretty good job to avoid some of the "anticipation" by jumping numbers or adding a half (9.5) in most all the garage sales I've seen. Adding a pic of dog balls for $10 would cut down on some of that maybe, you bid on it you got it (don't pay=life ban from future sales.) Or even the HK Slick for $700, that would make folks think about what they are bidding on. Then again these are just my ideas and they don't really mean anything. I guess I'm kinda sounding like what I didn't like "my daddy says you should do it like this."

Noll does a fine job of mixing the inventory and running the show. Thanks to Ben, Noll and 3DHS for even having such a thing. I think its great.

teookie

70cc twin V2
IMHO chatter is just a part of garage sales.

But, if you want to get around it, do an advanced search for posts by horton and keep refreshing that page. You will only see what you want to see then. Keep another tab open with "I'll take item " ready to go in the reply box.

quadracer

100cc
I don't think it was out of line however I didn't look up the comment. It was a little rough during the sale IMO. To much chatter, people editing a post to change it, asking Noll "did I win item?" Sure it's an open thread but during a garage sale that needs to be the focus...not what's the best prop for....? It just works better for everyone if the chatter is less. It's also easier for Noll as he is trying to track replys and get things right. He clearly states....xxxx won item 19. If he didn't call you out, you didn't win. If you don't want it, don't hit it. And whan you get it, don't complain about a former is broken or the decals are missing. That's why it's a "garage sale". Sometimes a gem, sometimes a little rough.

Anyway...JMHO...that's all.

Rob

+1. It's a sale, first come first serve. If you didn't win, too bad. I didn't win anything, I ain't mad about it either.

Cmala

70cc twin V2
The only thing I thought was annoying were the people who backed out of their purchase agreements.

These looked to me like mostly people who were just trying to "win" something without even knowing what it was they were agreeing to purchase.

If I was Noll, I would have ignored all the BS and expected payment from the first person who correctly responded that they would take that item and moved on to the next item. I'm not a people person though.

Chatting during a garage sale? Big deal. If you get caught up responding to other posts during the sale you run the risk of not being able to purchase something. That's your own fault and part of the game. If you don't like it, don't participate. If you do participate, quit your whining.

Editing your post in response to the sale item is just bad form and should be mentioned as a ground rule if there is another sale. You have to remember, the reason they do these sales is to benefit us, their loyal customers. If it becomes too much of a hassle for 3DHS then what's the point?