• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
just some fun

friends.jpg

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I ordered the dle 35ra from valleyviewrc.com last night and I got a fedex ground shipping notice this morning. I love that fast service! Now I just hope I love the motor ;) I was going back and forth between that and the os but couldn't stomach the extra 3.84 oz the os weighs on an already nose heavy plane.

robj

70cc twin V2
You could also take them off and put em on a shelf in your shop. They will last a long time there.

Just kidding :)

Scott's tip in the 87 manual is great for quick take-offs if you end up at a rough field(50cc and up). To date I've only flown the 87 at 3 different fields, 2 were concrete\asphault and the other was a nice cut low grass field. But if you need to take them off it makes the process about 2 minutes, no fussing with the axle.

fixxin2fly

70cc twin V2
I ordered the dle 35ra from valleyviewrc.com last night and I got a fedex ground shipping notice this morning. I love that fast service! Now I just hope I love the motor ;) I was going back and forth between that and the os but couldn't stomach the extra 3.84 oz the os weighs on an already nose heavy plane.

Nate. forgive me if I missed it but which frame you puttin the 35 ra on? I ordered one too and not sure what Im even going to use it for :thumbup:

"THIS ORDER BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOUR FRIENDS AT JIM BEAM INC"

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
He's going to put it in his 70" FB Slick...his PTE36 didn't work out

The PTE 36 was a fine motor if you are in the mood to tinker a lot. I ended up selling it for $180 after purchasing it for 298 and running about 1.5 gallons through it. The funny thing is I have a suspicion that my buyer got a perfect motor because I had finally worked the bugs out. By then I was just emotionally drained on it.

I have high hopes for the DLE 35ra but the proof will be in the puddin :D