• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Not yet, but I've never ordered directly from their website, so that may be why. I think they were piggy-backing old orders for shipping labels and such. If its not at my porch today I'll shoot a pm.

teookie

70cc twin V2
I think when she put her 104" Slick on blast for poor performance in an event, she may or may not have lost a few friends.. :(

Unfortunately I never personally met her.

I don't understand?

Saw her fly at FLI. She has a unique, super high energy flying style.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I don't understand?

There was some drama in a thread on RCG about it all... the exact stuff we try to stay away from here. Long story short, she decided she didn't like her Slick, so she sold her 3dhs stuff, and swtiched to an EF 88" Edge I beleive.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
I don't understand?

Just responding to diggity... I heard she was pretty good. Unfortunately, After a less than stellar performance, blame was placed on the poor design of the 104" Slick :/ by the said lady pilot.
Clearly deflecting frustrations, most likely just venting, but unfortunately I guess people aren't hearing from her as much. Tough crowd to get fired up! I actually apologize for even posting that without giving her the chance to defend herself. This isn't RCG- don't meant to put people on blast! But don't mess with the slicks! Lol!

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I don't understand?

A lot of people were looking forward to her King 50 routine, but she never showed.

From what I saw, she stopped flying 3DHS and got an Extreme Flight plane...was all about EF for about a week and then she disappeared. Deleted her facebook account and really hasn't been around much since.

Maybe she'll be back next year.

mzl969

New to GSN!
Does anybody know what the changes are to the new 74 Edge? I was hoping that they would make two versions like the 71 Slick, one electric and one gas. That large canopy opening in the electric Slick is great, fantastic engineering job 3DHS.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Noll, did all the garage sale items ship? I hadn't received an email. But I also have never purchased a new item through the site, although I do have an account.

Does anybody know what the changes are to the new 74 Edge? I was hoping that they would make two versions like the 71 Slick, one electric and one gas. That large canopy opening in the electric Slick is great, fantastic engineering job 3DHS.

I have a gas converted to electric 71" slick and I personally think there is plenty of room. The 74" edge is similar in design for canopy area and I would assume there is plenty of room in there as well. Mine tends to be a little nose heavy due to having to add standoffs for the motor. I have been thinking about moving the rudder servo to the back of the plane instead of my current pull pull setup so I can mess with the CG more but decided against it. My 71" slick flies just fine with my 2 4S 4000 Gens Ace up against the wing tube. Why mess with it if it works.