• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Well, let me back up a bit. The DLE 111 has about 4 hrs on it. So there was no need for break in. But the airframe and most all power system is brand new. But I was very tense.

SnowDog

No, haven't done anything with it yet. It's was a clean break and probably fixable with some time. But not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. But on a lighter note, I maiden my 104 Slick today and fell in love. I took it pretty easy on her, nothing to crazy while I'm still trying to dial it in. Here is a video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1q_P_47G9k

Dibs on the trash can! Let me know if you don't want to fix it!

Santi8

70cc twin V2
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

Made some decent progress on my 89" Today...
a5425508-78-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357452519.488845.jpg

quadracer

100cc

That's a beauty Santi. Let me know if you don't like it. I'll relieve you of it. :D

wedoitall

Maiden Successful

got to maiden the edge and osiris today! first time fly'n balsas, WOW! :beatingheart: it was pretty windy, almost called it off, but when i got to the field i had to at least try one battery. ended up flying about 10

im in love.

was kinda nervous about landing on the 100ft concrete pad i use. the edge wasnt a problem about 20ft or less for scale and just a few ft for harrier landing(glad it had the wire gear). The Osiris i used almost every inch of the 100ft. gotta wait till it drys out alil bit before i can try to work on the grass runway. telemetry and a watt meter is pretty nice also. gotta save up my pennys and get a decent video camera.

hone

150cc
Sweet glad it went well! I found my Osiris cut through the wind without a problem and tracked great! Although the landings are long they are super stable and easy.

gyro

GSN Contributor

got to maiden the edge and osiris today! first time fly'n balsas, WOW! :beatingheart: it was pretty windy, almost called it off, but when i got to the field i had to at least try one battery. ended up flying about 10

im in love.

was kinda nervous about landing on the 100ft concrete pad i use. the edge wasnt a problem about 20ft or less for scale and just a few ft for harrier landing(glad it had the wire gear). The Osiris i used almost every inch of the 100ft. gotta wait till it drys out alil bit before i can try to work on the grass runway. telemetry and a watt meter is pretty nice also. gotta save up my pennys and get a decent video camera.

Hooray!!!!

wedoitall

Sweet glad it went well! I found my Osiris cut through the wind without a problem and tracked great! Although the landings are long they are super stable and easy.

yea it was alil more stable than the buck 50. both were a blast. i say the wind helped me harrier land the edge tho. the concrete pad wouldnt worry me too much on the osiris but its about 8 inches above the ground. so if i over shoot it may get damaged alil. my buddy said i was brave, after i got cg decent was doing 4 point rolls, need to learn wind correction on those. think i neeed a longer servo horn for the rudder. i could only get about 40 degrees on the controls, on the outer hole and end points set at 150 %