• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

econpatric

70cc twin V2
GYRO: This question is out of nowhere, but I am wondering if you have experienced the DLE-20 on any 3DHS airframe? I thought I read somewhere that you had a 68" Velox with the '20'?

Anyone: I was looking at the 70" Velox as an option for my DLE-20. However, the DLE-30 is recommended for the Slick that is only 1" wider wing span, wouldn't they be similar in power needs? What 3DHS airframe is a good match for my DLE-20?

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
yea it was alil more stable than the buck 50. both were a blast. i say the wind helped me harrier land the edge tho. the concrete pad wouldnt worry me too much on the osiris but its about 8 inches above the ground. so if i over shoot it may get damaged alil. my buddy said i was brave, after i got cg decent was doing 4 point rolls, need to learn wind correction on those. think i neeed a longer servo horn for the rudder. i could only get about 40 degrees on the controls, on the outer hole and end points set at 150 %

Awesome man glad you got both of them in the air. Congrats. :)

zmonster97

Maidened my 71" slick today! I got 2 flights on it! I love it! It is so stable and smooth compared to my smaller planes! It did very well in harriers and hovers. I also loved rolling harriers! They were slower than my smaller planes and really smooth. All in all, I love it!

It also handles the wind much better than my smaller planes!

econpatric

70cc twin V2
I'm not GYRO, but 3DHS recommends the DLE 20 for the 70 Velox.... And they add a note of caution about using the 30 on it.

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/70-Velox--Blue_p_16184.html

Thanks quad. I did see that.

djmoose: I seen the one or two pounds, and this is why I was asking. It is so surprising to me that the Slick being 1" wider can weigh so much more.

Do you folks agree that the DLE-20 would be plenty o' power for the Velox then?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks quad. I did see that.

djmoose: I seen the one or two pounds, and this is why I was asking. It is so surprising to me that the Slick being 1" wider can weigh so much more.

Do you folks agree that the DLE-20 would be plenty o' power for the Velox then?

Sorry to weigh in late.

I spoke to Ben personally before choosing my route to go on the 70 Velox, and he ASSURED ME that the DLE 20 was plenty of motor on the Velox. It won't win a pylon race, but it's got more then enough power to pull out of hover nicely, and this plane is a master of 3d flying, down low, slow, and graceful. The Velox that I built has a Motrolfly 4325 in it, so I can't comment on the gas version of the airplane.

Also, I have both the 70" Slick and 70" Velox, and let me tell you, BIG SIZE DIFFERENCE. The fuse is wider and fatter, as are the wings, and their chord is bigger too. The 70/71" Slick is definitely a bigger plane.

I hope this helps!