• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 92'' EDGE Build Thread

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Cool stuff guys! I should be able to fly mine some more this Sunday. About the servo arms and throws, I just re-did my ailerons and was able to get 45 degrees with the 1.5" hole and the outer-most hole on the horn. (same outer hole on my elevator horns using the 1.75" arm holes)

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Here's what I ended up with on my elevators getting 50 degrees using the outer most horn hole and 1.75" arm hole.

If anyone is interested I'll get you the length of the pushrod. (I didn't record it...just used the calipers to get them the same length.)

Attachments

• elevatorgeo1.jpg
    elevatorgeo1.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 246
  • elevatorgeo2.jpg
    elevatorgeo2.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 278
Last edited by a moderator:
a couple questions that aren't really answered on 3dhs site that i've made assumptions about. are all the surfaces prehinged? and does it come with ti turnbuckles? wasn't sure what the factory hardware was like was pretty sure its top notch being 3dhs but just checking.

Does anyone know where the best place to get a 4" carbon fiber spinner would be?? 3dhs is out of stock. Also on the 3DHS site it says to use 1.5 on ail and 2" arms on the elevators for max throw

3DRAT

30cc
hi huckfin yes it is pre hinged & sealed , yes the hardware is good & also comes with turnbuckles
24X8 falcon

3DRAT

30cc
Does anyone know where the best place to get a 4" carbon fiber spinner would be?? 3dhs is out of stock. Also on the 3DHS site it says to use 1.5 on ail and 2" arms on the elevators for max throw

azure hobbies have nice carbon spinners, yes you will get good throws with those arms, i went with 1.75 on the alis to max them out