• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 92'' EDGE Build Thread

3DRAT

30cc
Hi guy my 92'' edge arrived today & I'm very happy with it . Pre hinged & sealed, hardware looks good
DA60
7955 All round
i'm off to the hanger back later with progress pics i would like to test fly it in 5 days if all goes well

GAME ON
1a.jpg
1b.jpg
1c.jpg
1e.jpg
1d.jpg
1g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

3DRAT

30cc
Fitted the motor, throttle & choke set up tonight, running a bell crank for the choke that come out the side of the plane :p, also fitted the tank all plumbed up .Servos will be tomorrow nght.
This plane will go together fast as i don't need to hinge it. well done 3DHS for a well built plane & mine in number 3
1h.jpg
1i.jpg
1k.jpg
1l.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Looks great! Thanks for posting the beginnings of our build. Very interested to follow as you progress.

3DRAT

30cc
ok big night that was got my wheels on & i don't use the axels supplied as wheels fall off , i use a high tensile cap screw with nylocks as its very reliable for 40% so im going with that on the 92.
Servos flitted all round went with the 5955 on alis & elv halfs as i will use the 7955 on my comp arf. I will be going with the rudder servo in the rear as i love the authority of my 40% H9 SU26 set up \, don't like pull pull :sadface:

:thumbsdown:
1a.jpg
1b.jpg
1c.jpg
1d.jpg
1e.jpg
1f.jpg
1g.jpg
1h.jpg
Problems have came across , the elvator half must of been a friday arvo job as the covering is terrible. I will fix them, they forgot the locator dowel in one :facepalm:

buy some servo arms tomorrow, hope the battarys &switches turn up as i wont to fire this bugger up. So far 9 hrs work should be built in less then 20hrs
cheers

3DRAT

30cc
ok 2 more hrs to go then done. I will give you the flight report after i try snap the wings off in 3 days:bouncy: