• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Want to thank Gary Hoffman for making and sending me these cool little 3d printed DA-60 choke brackets. Makes it way easier and adds some bling. I think he can print them in several colors.

011.jpg 015.jpg 014.jpg

vegasking

70cc twin V2
He said to use red rtv kinda thick, he also said that Arron Bates and himself have used them all season and have had good luck with them staying in place.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got a lot done in the last 24:

Control horns installed, and the servos, rods, & extensions are done too.
Engine mounted, tank installed & lines run, landing gear installed, and receiver mounted.

Just need to cut the cowl, mount the choke bell crank, and install the IBEF.

I do have a unique problem though. One of the hinges on the rudder seems to be installed incorrectly, and this causes the rudder to make a loud pop as it swings back and forth. I tried cutting the covering near the hinge and applied some CA, but it didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas?

ryan_m

100cc
I would bet that the hinge was epoxied in with a twist... bet you'll have to cut all of them, and melt/drill out the hinges and re-hinge to fix it. Or just fly it until that hinge breaks and hope the rest hold it on :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
I would bet that the hinge was epoxied in with a twist... bet you'll have to cut all of them, and melt/drill out the hinges and re-hinge to fix it. Or just fly it until that hinge breaks and hope the rest hold it on :)

They're the removable rudder hinges...