• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 92" edge 540 !!!

But does free shipping work on the freight? I thought it just said standard shipping, ups, and usps. A friend has the red scheme in the 74 and had to recover the bottom to be able to see it. Now he flies too high, but the silver scheme is much easier to see with the red tips.

gyro

GSN Contributor
But does free shipping work on the freight? I thought it just said standard shipping, ups, and usps. A friend has the red scheme in the 74 and had to recover the bottom to be able to see it. Now he flies too high, but the silver scheme is much easier to see with the red tips.

It did work. Between the free shipping and my reward points, the 92" was priced right.

I think the colors and layout of the red one is very similar to the 87" SHP and we flew that one fine on a cloudy day in Arkansas, remember?

Hmm. Now you are making me consider a 87 SHP. Ah Geez.

My buddy flies waay too high. I had no issue flying his plane or yours with the scheme. I do really like the red on the tips as it really helps me with orientation.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hmm. Now you are making me consider a 87 SHP. Ah Geez.

My buddy flies waay too high. I had no issue flying his plane or yours with the scheme. I do really like the red on the tips as it really helps me with orientation.

I think you'll like your 92 better. Stick with that one.

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Matt, is it cool if we start a new thread on this motor, and follow along as your development continues?

Do we have a thread for this motor yet? I've only been waiting for two years for this sucker.... :popcorn:

Matt... what ESC are you running with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided against the 87. I have 3 60cc projects in the works and that was just one too many. Still need to pick which motor is going on the 92 and waiting for parts to arrive still. In better news, the USPS is going to deliver the servos that I got off RCG, 4 months ago! Now the guy that shipped them to me addressed it all wrong and I am 50/50 on the contents of the box.

As far as the ESC question, I am not sure which planes we are talking about here. I ran a Scorpion 130V HV when I had a Q80. I want to check my buddies Graupner radio, as I might pick one of those up for electrics and get the Graupner ESC which does the telemetry off of that directly IF I can find one for the 78 MXS A60-8S I am mulling over. The Geckos are hard to beat on value.

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
I decided against the 87. I have 3 60cc projects in the works and that was just one too many. Still need to pick which motor is going on the 92 and waiting for parts to arrive still. In better news, the USPS is going to deliver the servos that I got off RCG, 4 months ago! Now the guy that shipped them to me addressed it all wrong and I am 50/50 on the contents of the box.

As far as the ESC question, I am not sure which planes we are talking about here. I ran a Scorpion 130V HV when I had a Q80. I want to check my buddies Graupner radio, as I might pick one of those up for electrics and get the Graupner ESC which does the telemetry off of that directly IF I can find one for the 78 MXS A60-8S I am mulling over. The Geckos are hard to beat on value.

I like the idea about the A60-8S on 12S but am also thinking about two other options... the A60-24S, which is a 195Kv, on 12S with the 21x10 Falcon (3200W and 73A), or wait for Subsonic's new 50cc motor, which is supposed to come in at about 34 oz. My Q80-7M was listed at 35 oz, but all-up was more like 40.8 oz. If the weight for the new motor is 35 oz all-up, then it may come in no heavier than the A60-16M with the cage mount and hardware, which was 35.52 oz (1007g). The 50cc motor with a 195-200 Kv should swing a 22x10 on the 78 all day to3800W, 87A, and 29 pounds of thrust.

I remember talking to Ken via e-mail 2 years ago about the 50cc motor. I know the quality will be there, but like the DA-35, I will go with the best option that is available, rather than having a airframe sit in storage.

The Q80 on the 89 slick was a stupid powerful combo. For me to do a 50cc electric again, it needs to have a good canopy and battery strapping arrangement. Those were the 2 things that drove me batty. No canopy bolts!