• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

gyro

GSN Contributor
FWIW, this is the setup I had on mine when flying it... it was very slightly nose heavy, which made for some perfect 3D IMHO.

EME 60cc engine with side dump muffler
Hitec 7955TG Servos
32oz fuel tank

Made some battery trays like this:
http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?59-3dhs-89-slick&p=26128&viewfull=1#post26128

Also, when I originally got the plane, it had a DLE55 on the nose, same servos and tank mentioned above. Here was battery placement:
89 Slick 6.jpg

vegasking

70cc twin V2
If I remember right, I measured the correct distance back at the wing tips on both sides and then run a string across from one side to the other and the it is right near the center of the carbon tube. I think! It sucks getting old! lol

RotorJockey

70cc twin V2
I do it the "Ben" way, since this is a very forgiving airframe. Put everything in the middle or recommended position, fly it, then adjust batteries, CG etc. for your flying style.

Works every time! :)

Fred